Chapter 14

Lauren's POV

It's Friday night and Camila and I have been together since school ended. We just headed straight to mine to watch a film and just to be with each other. At home was where we could be together.

"It's late Lauren, I really should go", Camila says planting one last kiss on my lips.
"Ok you're right, come on, I'll drop you home", I say getting up.

I watch to make sure Camila gets into her house safely and I head back home.

When I get back, I just get ready for bed; well not sleep, but to just lay awake and think about Camila. It's become part of my sleeping routine - to lay awake and thank God for giving me Camila. It sounds cheesy considering we've been together for a few weeks but I have felt this way since I first saw her.

Camila and I have been sneaking around now for a few weeks. It's been the best and worst week of my life. I want to kiss and hug Camila whenever I want to but I just can't. I don't complain to her though because I know how hard it is for her. She seems nervous around me, she seems to distance herself in school a little. I guess it's because she doesn't want people to be suspicious but it hurts me.

We have been practically living with each other this week - over each other's houses just cuddling and kissing. That's when I am the happiest! I don't think Camila realises how much she makes me happy. I still think this is a dream. The best thing is that we were so close before this that it's not a problem how much we're hanging out together now.

However, Austin is still "madly in love" with Camila. I hate that guy, not because it's her boyfriend just in general. He plays with Camila. He sleeps with different girls at every party just because Camila won't give him sex. I hate how he gets to treat girls how he does just because he's a boy. Camila knows about him sleeping with other girls but she pretends that it does hurt her. She says to me "I'm not bothered, I only care about you now" but I know it hurts her. I can see in her eyes. I understand because being cheated on by anyone makes you feel like you're not good enough. I don't want her to feel that way, she'll always be 10 times better than Austin.

You can see now that Camila and Austin have given up on their relationship because neither of them care anymore. Austin claimed to love her and Camila was never in love. At the moment, they're staying together just to be with someone and to stop any drama from happening. In school they act like the happiest couple alive but outside of school they don't even talk anymore.

I can't help but feel like Camila is only still with Austin because she gets accepted that way. She could be with me for all her life and she'd still hide me just to be liked and accepted. She saw what happened to me when I came out, she's most probably scared but yet again... Is she even gay? Bisexual?

To Camila ❤️ [11:22pm] Thank you for today, just watching movies with you makes me happy. Goodnight baby.

I decided to stop thinking about Camila, not because I wanted to but because I needed to. I'd be awake all night if I carried on. So I put my phone down after texting Camila and played with my bed sheets. There was no reason to play with the sheets, I was just looking for any reason to wait for a reply.

Camila's POV

Lauren 💋 [11:22pm] Thank you for today, just watching movies with you makes me happy. Goodnight baby.

I can't help but smile at the text message and I instantly thought of a reply. I know Lauren, she'd be sat there waiting for a reply. I text her back.

To Lauren 💋 [11:24pm] No... Thank you Lauren, you make me so happy. If I could, I'd spend everyday with you. Goodnight. Sleep well.

As I was about to put my phone away I received another text straight away. I smiled again shaking my head while thinking 'Lauren's an idiot' but I was disappointed when I actually saw who the text was from.

Austin [11:24pm] Night.

"Asshole", I say to myself while laughing at his pathetic message. I don't even reply, I can't bring myself to it. It's a Friday night, I know where he is. At some slutty girls party who he is about to sleep with. I hope he has fun. I don't even care anymore, I have Lauren and I'm the happiest I have been.

I then smile at the difference between messages, it's obvious to me who doesn't want anything to do with me.

No one's POV

It is at that moment when Camila realises what she wants. Who she wants and why she wants her. She's just having trouble coming to terms with it.