Chapter 7

Lauren's POV

When I got back from Ally's I just sat on my bed. Doing nothing. I didn't feel like doing anything, I wasn't up for it. However, I did decide to go to the corner shop and buy ice cream and chocolate. Receiving that text felt like a heart break, it was a heart break. So, I treated my self to blankets, Netflix and ice cream. It was 2:00 am and I was on to my 4th film.

Half an hour later, I received a text.

Camila [2:30am]
Hey Lauren, are you awake?😞

It wasn't strange to receive a text from Camila at 2:30am but the emoji she used was strange.

To Camila [2:31am]
Yes, what's wrong? Is everything ok?

Camila [2:32am]
Uh... No. I'm kind of not okay.

To Camila [2:32am]
Where are you? I'm coming to get you.

Camila [2:33am]
Austin's house.

Camila's POV

Within minutes of texting Lauren, she's outside my house in her car. I run out to the car with my bag. I get inside and sit in silence... Even though I texted Lauren wanting help - I was hoping she would realise that I didn't feel like talking. She didn't.

"How long have you been sat outside Austin's house by yourself?, Lauren asked.
"Since midnight, it's not that long", I replied.
"Where's your jacket? Did you have a jacket on?", she keeps asking questions.
I just shrugged as a response.
Lauren sighed and handed me her jacket. I took it without putting up a fight because I knew Lauren would win.

"Where are we going? I don't want to go home", I told her.
"Don't worry, we're going to mine", Lauren said smile at me.
After a long drive that actually wasn't that long, we arrived at Lauren's.

As soon as we got into Lauren's room, Lauren tried to lighten the mood.

"Looks like you will be seeing me 'tomorrow', haha", She chuckled.

But I didn't laugh, I just burst into tears, I couldn't hold them back any longer. Lauren pulled me into a tight and secure hug which made me feel better. I didn't say anything, I just cried. She told me to just let it out and how she was here for me. It's true, I'm so grateful to have Lauren as my best friend sometimes I don't realise how lucky I am.