X.

Harry couldn't help but smile. Hogwarts was his home, he felt whole whenever he was here. The holiday break was good for him.

In some ways.

He got to take a step back and evaluate what he was doing. He had another dream of the door. Well, more like a nightmare. But this time Mr. Weasley was in it, and it seemed as if he himself attacked him. Mr. Weasley was in the hospital for most of the break.

"C'mon Harry!" Ron yelled back at him. Harry snapped out of his thoughts and looked up the path. Ron and Hermione were meters away, both looking at him.

"Sorry," he said. He fixed the string of his bag and then hurried towards his friends. "Just taking it in." He shivered.

"Taking what in? Hogwarts?" Hermione asked, her mouth covered by her scarf.

"Yeah," replied Harry. He couldn't be happier. He finally got through with Ron and Hermione, and had a good break from Draco, which was making him want to see the Slytherin even more.

Ron smiled.

"Good to have you back, Harry." He gripped Harry's shoulder.

They continued to walk to the castle in silence. Once inside, they placed their luggage in the large pile that was forming, and then joined the rest of their classmates in the Great Hall.

Harry's heart was beating faster than normal. He just wanted to take his seat and see Draco. Together the trio hurried to the Gryffindor table. Hermione sat next to Ginny, and they started getting into a heated conversation Harry nor Ron were interested in. They stayed silent until Dumbledore sat up from his seat to make his annual speech.

"Welcome back." His voice reverberated across the entire hall. "I hope you all had a great and safe break." Harry glanced over at Ron, who was scowling down at his lap. "But now we're back, and we have business to do." The Headmaster looked over in Harry's direction. "Enjoy the feast!"

The Headmaster stepped back from the podium and returned to his seat. Great mounds of food piled on the trays and platters, and the students all dug in.

Harry scooped some mashed potatoes onto his plate and snuck a glance across the room at the Slytherin table. His eyes scanned over unfamiliar faces until he spotted Draco, who had his back turned to him. Harry quickly dismissed it and went back to his food.

"How's your father doing, Ron? Ginny?" Hermione asked from beside Harry, glancing at the Weasley's.

"Oh, he's doing fine," Ginny replied hesitantly, stabbing her fork into her pork.

"Yeah, whatever snake bit him..." Ron trailed off, shaking his head, "had a bad bite."

Harry took a gulp of pumpkin juice so he didn't have to say anything.

I was the snake...

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and stuck some pork in his mouth.

As soon as dinner was over, Ron and Hermione had to leave to do their prefect duties, which consisted of corralling the younger years and leading them up to the dormitories.

Harry stayed behind, watching as his House slowly left the room. He peered over at the Slytherin table, whose occupants were waiting impatiently. He noticed Draco talking to Pansy. From his angle, he could see only half of the Slytherin's face, which was a ghostly white. He really wanted to go over there...

A hand on his shoulder shook him out of his thoughts, and he looked up to see Professor Dumbledore peering down at him.

"Are you waiting for someone, Harry?" he asked.