XIV.

"What do you mean?" Professor McGonagall questioned, glancing between Harry and Professor Dumbledore.

"Minerva," Dumbledore addressed her calmly, but in a little haste, "fetch Mr. Malfoy for me."

Professor McGonagall raised her eyebrows at the Headmaster, but didn't protest and left the room, murmuring to herself. Harry glanced nervously at Dumbledore, who was fixing the position of his glasses on his nose.

"Thank you for telling me," was all he said. Harry nodded, his eyes wide. A few minutes later, Professor McGonagall entered with a disheveled Draco. Harry tried to mask his smirk, but he knew he failed when Draco sent him a glare.

"Sit down, Draco," Dumbledore said, looking exhausted. Harry felt a twinge of guilt for disturbing him so late. Maybe this was a bad idea, he thought. Draco hesitantly sat next to Harry, sighing as he did so.

"What am I doing here?" Draco snapped, but not as vicious as he usually did, crossing his arms over his chest. Harry ripped his eyes off of the Slytherin and looked back at Dumbledore.

"Harry informed me of a dream he just had: of your body lying dead on the ground while Harry himself was held by Lord Voldemort." Draco's face paled. "Recently, Harry's been experiencing paranoia, involving Voldemort-"

"Don't say his name," Draco hissed, as if he just offended his mother. Professor Dumbledore tilted his head to the side.

"You were in the dream, Draco. There's a connection here."

He glanced between the two boys. Harry averted his eyes to the ground as Draco glanced over at him. Harry heard the boy sigh and saw him clench his fists out of the corner of his eyes.

"I had the same dream," he said faintly, "but Harry was on the ground; the roles were reversed."

"Interesting..." Dumbledore replied at the same volume, setting his gaze on Harry. All of a sudden there was a knock, causing both boys plus Professor McGonagall to jump. Instinctively, Harry reached into his robes and grasped his wand.

"Who could that be?" Professor McGonagall asked, pressing a hand to her bosom. The Headmaster's office door flew open, and Lucius Malfoy stalked into the room. Blood drained from Harry's face.

"Dad?" Draco asked, taken back, "what are you-"

"Excuse me, Headmaster," Lucius said viciously, "but Draco is wanted back home. Now."

"Dad-" Draco tried again, but Dumbledore interrupted him.

"Can you wait until I am done talking to your son, Lucius?"

Lucius looked both furious and stressed. Harry gripped his wand tighter.

"No," and with that he walked over and gripped Draco's arm, causing Draco to yelp.

"Flipendo!" Harry shouted, causing Draco's father to fly back into the shelf, sending it down in pieces. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking back at Draco, who was gripping his forearm. He didn't care that two professors were in the room. "Draco." Harry set a hand on his shoulder.

"Harry.." Draco said softly, his voice cracking. There, in Professor Dumbledore's office at 1:43 am, Harry's heart shattered. Draco was pulled back by his father, who was fuming at the ears.

"Don't you dare talk to him!" he snapped, and started to pull him out of the room.

"Lucius!" Dumbledore shouted, but Lucius ignored him and stalked out of the room. Harry stared helplessly at the door, his wand still tightly held in his hand.