XVI.

The next few weeks were pure bliss. Not only was it getting warmer outside, but Harry and Draco's relationship had blossomed so much that Harry just couldn't stop thinking about him. Even though he still had to undergo Occlumency lessons with Snape, Harry was happy. Every Friday they would sneak out under the invisibility cloak and take a walk through the Forbidden Forest or along the shore of the Black Lake. And since it had gotten so warm out, their time together grew even longer.

Draco seemed to have dismissed the fact that they had met up with his mother. Whenever Harry brought it up, Draco either pushed it away or simply ignored him. Harry just thought he was still embarrassed from the brief sex talk she had given them. Why else wouldn't he want to talk about it?

It's been months since Harry and Draco's relationship started to bloom, and Harry finally realized that it was time to tell his friends about the 'mystery girl', who was really a guy. Were they homophobic? What if they didn't want to hang out with him anymore? Harry shook the thoughts out of his head. It's Ron and Hermione, they wouldn't leave him if they found out he was gay, right?

It was a Thursday night, and Harry was making his way back to the Gryffindor common room from the library. Yes, he actually studied in the library this time for the OWLs that were coming up. Harry was being honest when he said he was terrified. As he made his way into the common room, plenty of people were inside. Harry cheered up a bit, thinking: Oh, great. I can't tell Ron and Hermione that I'm dating Draco, now. There's people here. As he made his way up the stair case he laughed; what a horrible excuse.

"Harry?" he heard his name being called. He looked up and saw Ginny, who was smiling at him. Harry smiled back.

"Hi Ginny," he said, "do you know where Ron is?" Ginny pursed her lips.

"Him, Hermione, and I just got back from a walk, they should be in your dorm," she replied cooly. Harry gave her a weak smile.

"Thanks," and with that, he turned and hurried up the stairs to the dormitories. He slowed down to a walk as he approached the room. He heard Hermione's voice, badgering on Ron about a spell. Harry smiled to himself and then set foot into his room, which seemed to be a mistake. He stopped mid-step, watching as his two friends were kissing. "Ahem," he coughed. Hermione pulled away first, glancing over at Harry and then back at Ron.

"Ronald!" she said, pushing him away. "Why on Earth did you-"

"You're the one who leaned in!" he whined. Hermione's jaw set as she looked back at Harry and got up to her feet. Her cheeks were scarlet.

"I believe I'm interrupting something," Harry said.

"Yeah, a little," Ron snapped. Hermione frowned down at him.

"So how long has this, uh," Harry gestured between them, "been going on?"

"For about a minute," Hermione snapped, gathering up her things. They didn't seem to be too happy now that Harry was here. Hermione began to walk towards Harry to leave, but Harry grabbed her arm.

"Stay. I have something to tell you," he then looked over at Ron, "you too." But as he said this, he regretted it. They were both in bad moods, now is not the best time to come out. Hermione only sighed and walked back towards Ron. Harry closed the door behind him, set down his bag, and walked over to them.

"Before I say this, promise me you guys will actually listen. And don't leave, oh god, please don't. I'm the same person as I was last year and the year before, so-"

"Get on with it, Harry," Hermione interrupted him. Harry took a deep breath as he eyed his friends. Ron slowly got up from the rug, so now they were both standing, staring at him expectantly.