Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The pill-like machines are souring fast into the sky and my eyes can't see much. My hands are pressed on either glass of the machine, keeping myself in place. I don't want to get hurt while I'm on a ride with this thing. My eyes frantically search for Shawn, hoping that he's just around me, but I see nothing but full of dark, swirling clouds. The machine shakes a bit and I stumble but press harder to the glass. I get on my knees and pain shots through me, making me hiss in pain.

There are so many questions running in my head. All at once. Where is Shawn? Where are my friends? Where is this thing taking us? Would I be placed somewhere else, as well as Shawn? Would him and I still meet? The last question bugs me to my core, and I feel sick. The thought of not meeting Shawn again is making me want to vomit and the fact that I'm basically flying - making me dizzy - is not helping at all. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to make the questions go away, but it makes them want to stay in my head more.

After a couple minutes, the dizzy feeling stops and when I open my eyes, I'm in a complete different worls. Once again, my eyes roam around the area, hoping that I'd see Shawn but none. I feel a pang of pain in my chest and ignore it. In front of me is a long narrow hallway, sides are made of rocks. There's only one path to take. I can't see the end, but I can tell that the end is not really far away. Standing up, I crane my neck and flex my muscles a bit before taking the path. I step out of the machine and a gush of wind blows my face and I feel calm suddenly. Taking cautious step, I keep my eyes trained in front of me. I'm not sure whether there's a monters await me at the end, but I'm prepared. I still have the bracelet that turns into a powerful spear Shawn gave me. He wants me to protect myself, and I promise that no monsters will ever lay a finger on me. This time, I can only protect myself and no one else will, now that I'm all alone. As I take step after step, the rocks on either of my side start to glow blue and I narrow my eyes. And then I move forward again, and the rocks start to light up. I look behind me and the pill-like machine is no longer there. Shrugging, I whip my head back in front and start walking.

Inside my chest, my heart is already beating eratically and I keep saying soothing words, making myself calm down but nothing is helping. Shawn is invading my mind as well, and there are a new another set of questions popping up inside my head. Has he landed already? Is he fine? Is he with the others? Is he with Ivan? If he's with Ivan, is he flirting with my man? Those questions bug me to the point that I can't concentrate anymore. My thoughts are clouding my head and I can't focus on what's in front of me anymore. I shout, wanting everything to stop for awhile and my voice echoes around. That seems to get myself focused. Shaking my head and muttering a curse under my breath, I start to walk again, much faster this time. If I ever slow walk, those questions would start to bug me again and I don't want to be bugged.

"Everything will be okay," I say to myself in a whisper. But why do I have the feeling that in the end, I'd only get hurt? I massage my chest and roll my eyes at the thought of me getting hurt at the end. "Nothing's going to happen bad, Dylan. Everything will be okay. Not right now, but it will be."

As soon as I say those words, I immediately feel lightweight. I take a deep breath and smile throughout the path I'm taking. When I reach the end, a metal door is looking creepy and mysterious. On the side of it is a small, the same size of a calculator, machine attached to the wall. When I'm in distance, the machine starts to scan my body and I feel weird suddenly. I narrow my eyes at the suspicious machine and my eyes shot to the opening door. This time, it's a complete different place. Unlike the first path I took, this one is much clearer. Instead of having walls made of rocks, this has a white path and the walls are concrete, painted in white as well. The lights are blinding and at the end, there's another door. I start to walk faster and feel successful. I'm already at the end of the Journey, and I'd get to see what the end looks like. Would I meet my father again? Would I meet my grandfather, the other Chosen Ones? When I reach the far end, a machine, like the previous machine that I've seen earlier, speaks up.