Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Once wearing the shirts my father have prepared for me, Damen and the others are gathered in one play, waiting for me. It looks like there's going to be a meeting. My father is wearing a simple black shirt, a pants that hugs his legs perfectly, and there's a belt around his waist; a belt that has a sheath for a dagger and his sword. His hair is pushed back. My father really looks like me, just more mature and older. Shawn, already showered and dressed in black as well, is waiting for me, and when his eyes meet mine, those beautiful eyes of his shine right at me. I walk faster, jogging.

Damen, who is dressed in plain silver shirt, silver pants, and a pair of silver shoes. I guess he likes the color of silver. Coffee and Browdie are laying on the ground, staring at each other quietly. I run my fingers across my hair, sighing. The bracelet that Shawn has given me is in my back pocket, feeling it with my palm to make sure that it's still there. Deciding I should wear it, I fish the bracelet out of my back pocket and wear it around my wrist while Shawn is watching me. He smiles genuinely, making my heart stop for a moment, as he looks at me with admiration. Matthew glares at me. I ignore him.

"We're waiting for you," Damen says as he scans for my face. Good thing the pain has already subsided. I nod at him. "I know this is a big revelation to you, but all of the people here are hoping to be freed in this world, Dylan. Since you'll be the leader, might as well instruct us what to do next. We have been in the dark for too long and we just cannot wait any further."

I scan the people around me and they are looking at me with same spark in their eyes: hope. Their sad faces; it makes my heart clench and I feel sorry for them and anger towards Gouri and the clan of Kaztala. I clench my hands, taking a deep breath because this is going to be a great battle. My father, Damen, Brent, Shawn and the others await for my response. I shut my eyes to think straight, to look for the best action that we would take. If Gouri had decided to separated the zodiacs because we're stronger if united, then that should be the first goal: to unite the twelve zodiacs once again.

Though it seems like it's hard to do, but if we help each other, then we could be free from this madness. If there's a better world that awaits for us, then we better act as soon as possible and as fast as we can. I scan the faces one more time and sigh. This is a lot to take.

I look straight to Damen's eyes. "First, we unite the twelve zodiacs." I state to him, not breaking the eye contact with him. A smile graces his lips and I know that I have said the right thing. "If the evil Queen had separated the zodiacs, it's because we're stronger when united. Now, if we unite again, there's a high chance that we can beat Penthra and the evil Queen when she gets back. But here's the catch: we're not going to the Zodiac where we were born. It's going to be mixed. If people see that we trust a different sign, then we'll have positive results. Damen, my father, Brent, Beige, and Shawn will join me to travel to Pisces. Cooper, I'm assigning you to mix the others. Assign each leader per group, then assign them to whatever city. We're going to leave now. I don't need to practice each power since it's going to take a lot of time. Having a Pisces and Taurus powers are enough for me."

Cooper nods at me and starts the job he's assigned to do. I catch a glimpse of him putting Fiero and Ivan in one team and Ivan decides to flirt with Fiero with no shame whereas Fiero doesn't even glance at Ivan's direction. I smile, shaking my head.

Jerking my chin at the entrance, we begin to walk through the cave until we get outside. But before we reach the outside, as we pass the wooden table with set of weapons on top, I grab two daggers, deciding I'll keep the weapons with me just in case.

"You are awesome, Dylan." Brent chortles as he walks beside me. Shawn glares at him and Brentley just sticks his tongue out at him, which makes Shawn growl low at him. Brent doesn't cower. In fact, he's amused to see Shawn being pissed. I sigh, these two will never get along, really. "I'm going to see your home, Dylan! I'm so excited. I bet it's beautiful there."