Chapter 3 : The 3rd Gymnasium

"Good match boys." Coach Ukai said. "Now make sure you all get a good nights sleep and eat a proper meal."
"Yes sir."

You smiled at the team. You walked off when they started training. You got yourself a drink from the vending machine when you heard the squeaking of trainers in the third gymnasium. 'I don't remember anyone using that gymnasium.'

You walked over there and looked through the door. Bokuto, Akaashi, Tsukishima and Kuroo were playing a 2 on 2 match. Bokuto tried to spike the ball and Tsuki and Kuroo tried blocking him. He scored however and started screaming about it. "Tsuki, you need to pay attention to who is spiking and lean your arms forward a bit like Kuroo."

The four of them turned to you. "Oh (y/n)-chan!!! Hello!" Bokuto screamed. "Hey Bokuto. What are you four doing?" You asked walking up to them. "Oh you don't know," Akaashi started, "the four of us always practise together during this time."
"Would you like to join us (y/n)-chan~" Kuroo sang as he walked up to you and swung an arm around your shoulder. "Sur-"
"BOKUTO-SENPAI!" Everyone turned to the door to see a tired Hinata standing there. "PLEASE LET ME TRAIN WITH YOU!"

'Well that was sudden.' You thought. "Yeah! Sure! The more the merrier!" Hinata's face lit up and you smiled at him. "So are you joining too (y/n)?" Tsukishima asked. "Yeah. Why not. I can steal some tricks off all of you." You replied with an evil grin. Hinata would always jump when he saw it.

"Well I would suggest that we play 3 on 3 but we're one player short." Kuroo said. And as if he were listening for the right time to enter, Lev ran in asking to play and of course they let him.

They started playing and you played close attention to their moves. Listening to what Kuroo said to Tsuki to do in order to scare Bokuto and to what Bokuto said about attacks to Hinata. You also told Tsuki and Hinata to do a few things.

The match was finished and they were all tired. "Do you guys want something to drink?"
"Can you get us a few things from the vending machines?" Lev asked. "Sure."
"I'll come with." Kuroo said getting up and walking with you to the vending machines.

~back in the third gymnasium~

"*sigh* does (y/n) not realise that Kuroo senpai likes her?" Lev said. Hinata dropped the ball and ran up to Lev. "Kuroo likes her?!"
"I thought it was obvious." Akaashi said, Tsuki and Bokuto nodded in agreement. "I'm I the only one here who didn't know?"

~back with you and Kuroo~

You were waiting on a bench for Kuroo to finish buying some extra drinks. You turned you head to the left to find a pair of glowing eye in a bush. "!" You were startled but then the creature came out of hiding and showed himself. It was a black cat.

"Aw." You said getting up. "What is it?" Kuroo asked. You walked over to the cat and it wasn't scaring you off. You stroked its head and ears before picking it up. You turned to Kuroo and showed him it. "It's a cat." The cat looked at you and started snuggling into your neck. Kuroo's eyebrow twitched and he walked up to you to stroke the cats head. Only the cat started hissing.

Kuroo glared at it and a vain popes out of his head when it turned around and started snuggling into you again. You noticed Kuroo glaring but didn't say anything. Both you and Kuroo looked down at the cat and could have sworn you saw a smirk? on the cats face. "You know," you said stroking the cat, "this cat reminds me of you."
"How?" Kuroo asked, very confused. "Well, he has soft black hair like you. He was a smug smirk like you. And," you looked into Kuroo's eyes and smiled. "He's incredible cute too."

There was a comfortable silence and you just stared into each others eyes. Kuroo didn't know what came over him but his face started leaning towards you. You didn't complain, but instead, you just fluttered your eyes close.

Your heart was raising so fast. You could feel the warm breath coming from Kuroo's mouth dancing over your lip. The moment was perfect then...

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Kuroo-senpai!!!!!!" Hinata shouts. He startled the cat and it jumps on to your face, making you fall over. "Ah!!" The cat ran away and Hinata helped you up. "Sorry (y/n). Are you ok."
"I'm fine Hinata. Now then," you said dusting yourself off, "why were you screaming!?"
"Ah! Sorry..." He said bowing. "You guys were taking a while so Bokuto asked me to see what was taking you."
"Kuroo was just buying extras."
"I'm done now so let's go." Kuroo said.

You and Hinata led the way and just talks to each other. Kuroo followed behind. 'She didn't push me away. She just stood there. Or maybe she was just shocked. Ah! Does she like me. No she wouldn't.' He sighed and walked into the gym. His mind continued to think about you.