Playing With Fire

Photos Above: Raine, Cage, Kieran

To all my RE-READERS:  Give a shout out to the first-timers to let them know how much you liked the book and how many TIMES you have read it.  Honestly, it amazes me how frequently so many of you read the book over and over.  Also, remember NOT to give any SPOILERS.  I know it can be tough because some of the events are shocking as fuck, but let's make sure the first-timers get to experience the book to its fullest potential.  Much love, Peaches!!!            

Well, damn, I just added the authors note below and it looks like in doing so, it removed 1000+ comments from the above paragraph - hundreds and hundreds of re-readers sharing how many times they have read the story and their perspective.  Maybe you can still see the comments if you go to the general comment section and not the one specific to the above paragraph???  Sorry to ask the re-readers again, but would you mind leaving a new comment because I really do think it helps the first timers take a chance on the story and helps them stick with it when the book gets tough.

1/15/21 Author Note: heads up, this book is NOT for everyone And certainly not for the faint of heart. It is literally going to put you on an emotional roller coaster ride. It does not follow cliché romance genre where everybody is all in love and acts correctly. This means there are times you are going to laugh, cry and be super angry. Most people make it through and those that do get to an equally huge emotional pay off in the end. They adore the story as proven bc they come back over and over. But if you find yourself overwhelmed by the unexpected actions/plot and you start leaving a TON of NEGATIVE comments, I will MUTE you. It's not because I can't accept criticism. You will see a large number of varying negative point of views. But there comes a point when the excessive amount of negativity affects those that are enjoying the story and that is what I will not allow. If a reader is that unhappy, they need to MOVE ON. You don't get to stay and just shit on someone else's experience if the book is simply not your taste or you don't understand/agree with it. Have some consideration for others.

Chapter 1 – Playing With Fire

Cage

The crowd was worked into a frenzied chaos. Alcohol, bad decisions and a promise of future regret were pretty much foregone conclusions.

It was just what I needed to let off a little steam.

"Armand is going to be pissed if you fuck up the Treaty," Kieran, always the voice of reason, spoke from behind me, as we made our way through the mass of people. Our treaty with the hunters had held strong for the past six months. We stayed off of their territory and they kept a safe distance from ours.

Tonight we were on common ground.

Even if we happened upon hunters, I doubted they would provoke me. They knew my status with the Vampire King, Armand. He created me many centuries ago. I was the Prince, heir to the throne. I found the title pretentious and unnecessary, but alas, tradition was a hard thing to break.