Book 1|4. Dulce Tigru

Chapter 4 – Dulce Tigru

Cage

To say she was beautiful was an appalling understatement. I had come to get answers, but as I watched her from the shadows, I found myself more and more interested in everything she did and jealous of everything she touched. I wanted to feel her touch and know what thoughts occupied her mind.

When she emerged from the closet completely naked, it was all I could do not to go to her, not to touch her silky smooth porcelain skin. I clenched my hands into fists, to keep them still.

She extracted a towel from the cabinet, and headed toward a side door. I smelt chlorine combined with water from that direction and suspected she planned on swimming. I followed silently behind her. There were a few times when she almost caught me. I was shocked that she sensed me watching her. Most mortals were clueless.

I settled quietly into a chair in a darkened corner of the room. Once she entered the water, she became oblivious to everything around her, and the liquid gave way to her every demand.

Her body was exquisite. She had round full breasts and beautifully curved hips. I pictured my lips caressing her shaven and smooth heat and wondered what she tasted like. Given her already unusual bloodline scent, I expected her scent there to be unique as well. And when I was done tasting every delicious inch of her innocent flesh, I wanted to run my tongue around her hardened nipples and grasp her hips while sinking deep inside her. I contemplated what sounds she would make when I nudged her deep, and how long it would take before she screamed my name. It wasn't a matter of if she would scream my name, only when.

I shook my head, trying to clear my rampant thoughts. If she had never been touched by a man, starting out with me was an extremely dangerous choice. Anxiety rolled through me. There would be no 'starting out', because that implied a continuation and all she had was an ending. I hadn't just come here for answers.

Tonight, she was going to die by my hand.

I cringed. And the fact that I was bothered by the thought of killing her, reinforced my decision that she had to die. I had never come across a female as dangerous as her. I didn't know what danger she posed; only that she was.

When she finished with her swim, she walked up the steps and stood at the edge, pulling the water out of her long hair. I shifted and her head snapped in my direction, her eyes growing large with fear when she saw me. There was recognition there. She knew who I was. In the next instant, her mouth opened in a blood curdling scream.

I stood quickly and the order of compulsion released hypnotically from my lips, "Be silent!"

She kept screaming.

What the hell?

A shockwave of surprise coursed through me.

She couldn't be compelled?

No mortal was immune to my compulsion!

I crossed the room in a blur and came up behind her. I clamped one hand over her mouth and wrapped my other arm around her waist to keep her still. She jumped at my unexpected embrace and then fought me viciously, twisting and turning her body, kicking and trying to bite me. I knew she was afraid of being raped, which I had no intention of doing, and spoke in her ear in an effort to calm her, "Shh...I am not going to violate you...I would never hurt you in that way."

It took a few tries, but eventually my words registered and she quieted in my arms. I carefully lifted my fingers away from her mouth and slid my hand down to rest on her neck, still keeping her tight against my body.