Book 3|11. Decisions

Chapter dedicated to White_she_wolf96. Thanks for slapping the Vote button silly!  Much love!

Chapter 101 –Decisions– Raine's POV

After Cage left, I sat down in one of the chairs and motioned to another for Talon to join me. He hesitated, but this time it was because he was staring at the plans spread out on the table. I couldn't quite interpret his expression, and wondered what he was thinking, and then the moment was gone. He made his way to the chair and sat across from me.

I jumped right in fervently, "Talon, I am so sorry for trying to kill you, and...um..." I let the sentence drag in the air because I wasn't exactly sure how to apologize for giving him an orgasm.

He twisted his hands in his lap and a light blush painted his cheeks as he replied, "It's fine."

"No, it isn't. I never wanted to treat you with force...or um, sexually..."

He surprised me with an impish grin, and said softly, "I didn't mind the orgasm."

I exhaled, relieved that he truly seemed okay and we could laugh about it now. He continued, "And I was extremely grateful that Master Cage did not take offense to my...response...to you."

"Yes, he completely understood that I didn't give you any choice in the matter. And honestly, I don't even recall doing it. I was appalled when Cage told me about it later."

He nodded.

Another knock at the door interrupted us. I wondered who it was because Cage wouldn't have knocked, and we hadn't planned to meet up with Echo and his men for another hour. Talon automatically stood and went to get the door. He briefly looked through the peephole and then opened the door for Ivy to come in.

As soon as she was in the room with the door shut behind her, she saw me and dropped to her knees. I urged her quickly, "Ivy, please stand. Come join us."

When she and Talon were both settled in chairs, I realized she was still wearing a collar. I was distracted for a moment as Cage's words about borrowing a collar for sex play flashed through my brain. A little burst of heat caused my pelvis to clench, but I immediately shoved the thoughts out of my head. Now wasn't the time to be fantasizing about Cage.

She could be a bit skittish, especially around me, so I spoke softly, in an effort not to alarm her, "Ivy, while we are away from our kingdom, I do not want you to wear a collar. We want to avoid being recognized as vampires, if possible, and the collar would be a tell-tale sign."

"Of course, Mistress," she answered immediately and turned her back to Talon, so that he could unhook the collar. He slipped it off and placed it onto a small side table. Ivy straightened in her chair and stared down at her carefully clasped hands, following pet protocol for when they are in the presence of royalty.

My glance drifted to her outfit. She wore a pair of extremely short shorts that hugged her frame and barely covered her ass. On top, her cleavage was pushed higher by a black corset. It was a hell-of-a-lot more clothing than most pets were allowed to wear, but not at all appropriate for civilian travel. I frowned. Why had I not thought about this before we left?

Talon eyed me warily, sensing my displeasure.

I met his gaze and instructed, "Talon, take Ivy into my closet and have her change into a pair of my pants and shirt. Find something black. I have several sets of fighting gear on hand, use one of those."

Ivy lost her decorum for just a minute and her eyes snapped up to me in surprise. She quickly refocused her gaze in her lap again, but Talon was already standing and held his hand out to her. She looked up at him, her eyes still questioning. He nodded, and she took his hand and let him lead her out of the room.