Book 3|24. Power Play

Chapter dedicated to MyRoyalty. Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and voting!!

Chapter 114 –Power Play– Raine's POV

With Tobias entertaining Madeline in the bedroom, I made sure Seraphine fully understood what was expected of her and what would happen that night. I smiled. She was going to have the pleasure of spending the evening with Echo and his men.

She glared as she listened, but remained silent. I didn't like how her beady little eyes kept cutting to Talon. He had insisted he stay in the room with me, but kept his back to her, ignoring her completely.

Thirty minutes after they disappeared behind closed doors, Madeline and Tobias returned. He guided her forward with his hand against her lower back, and she stared up at him, as she absently moved a hand trying to smooth down her mussed hair. When her glance cut to me, she froze wide-eyed and blushed profusely.

I smiled. I guessed she forgot we were there.

After Madeline left, I hoped to have some time to speak with Tobias, but a hard knock interrupted us. Talon spun to face the door, his gaze alert, muscles ready. I understood his anxiety. I felt it too. We weren't expecting anybody, and Marku had advised he wouldn't collect me for another twenty minutes. I stood as I watched Tobias go to the door. Whoever it was, I wanted to be on my feet to face them.

When he opened the door, Marku and York stepped through. Marku's attention was immediately riveted to me, his dark gaze running up and down my body in open appreciation.

I rolled my eyes, causing him to smirk. "It is convenient to find you here." His timbre was rich and deep. If it were not attached to his particular body, I would have found it sexy. And what did he mean by convenient? I decided not to guess at his nonsense and asked, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, I just assumed you would want to keep all of your pets together, so am having them delivered here."

Wait. What?!

"All of my new what?!" I stuttered.

He didn't have time to answer before two burly vampires and five naked people all paraded into the room! What in the hell was happening?

When they were lined up, all five instantly dropped to their knees, they gazes fixed on the ground. My attention was too focused on the quivering pets to notice both guards inched closer to Talon.

I looked at Marku and hissed, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Nothing, it seemed, could shake that ever-present smirk off of his face, certainly not my ire. "These pets were formally owned by Seraphine. Now that she belongs to you, they do as well."

I blinked. What the hell was I going to do with five more pets? My thoughts finally came to fruition in the form of words as I mumbled to myself, "What am I going to do with them?"

"Whatever you like—" Marku was speaking, but I had stopped listening.

I was distracted by the look of cruel anticipation one of the hulking guards was giving Talon. The guard didn't see me watching. He was too busy pulling out his phone. He turned the device to Talon and purred, "I have a photo I think you might really like."

Talon's entire frame was rigid. His hands were clenched into fists, making the muscles in his arms strain against his shirt. A vein in his neck bulged as he ground his jaw together. I had never seen him so angry.

The other guard chuckled darkly and slid to Talon's other side, whispering in his ear, "That was one of my favorites too. I sure do miss being in that fine ass of yours."