Epilogue Part One

NOTE: I have released MULTIPLE chapters in the last two days. Be sure to read them in order so you don't miss anything!

Also, the epilogue is turning out to be much longer than expected, so it will be in TWO parts. Here is the first part. Hopefully, I will have the second  part soon!

Chapter 165— Epilogue Part One

Raine

**Two YEARS Later**

"Cage, he's your son...you need to come wrangle him before he destroys another one of the Council couches!" I called over my shoulder, doing my best to keep my eye on Alexander, who was currently jumping up and down on a nearby leather sofa; while at the same time, contain his twin sister, Collette, to one corner of the Council room.

The little girl with midnight curls, exactly the color of Cages, and crystal blue eyes, a mirror image of mine, kept darting behind one piece of furniture or another. Her little body was able to squeeze through the small spaces between couches, chairs and tables, before I could get my hands on her.

Both of their tinkling giggles filled the air in stereo, one in front of me and one behind. As much as I adored that sound, and it made my heart melt, there were times when my frustration overrode my joy. Like right now.

I kept my irritation contained as I said sweetly, "Coco, you need to come to mommy right now. We have company coming soon. Many people will be visiting us today."

She giggled and ran in the other direction.

I bit back a growl and tried again, "If you're a good girl and come to mommy right now, I'll let you ride Loki until our company comes." She halted in her tracks and whipped her head around, her raven locks bouncing, and gave me a brilliant white toothy grin.

Warmth flooded through me for this little being. She could be a challenge, but she was mine. And seeing pure happiness radiated on her face washed away every bit of my prior frustration. I grinned widely and nodded.

She gave a little squeal and promptly maneuvered her way through the furniture into my arms. Perfect. Bribery never hurt a child.

Just as I was congratulating myself on a job well done, I turned to find Cage finishing his discussion with Armand across the room. When he was done, he crouched down, and his deep baritone voice commanded, "Xander, come to daddy."

Instantly, my rambunctious toddler slid off the couch, and ran into his outstretched arms. I bit the inside of my mouth to keep from huffing out loud.  Cage never needed bribery. Both of our boisterous children always responded to the deep timbre of his voice, Coco a little less than Xander, but she did listen to him.

He smirked at me, knowing my thoughts. I narrowed my eyes at him, a clear warning he might have to pay for that little smirk in some form or fashion later.

That just made him grin wider, his eyes dancing with wicked mischievous intent. He loved a challenge.

A tingle traveled up and down my spine, and my toes curled into the carpet. Shit, this was not the time to be flirting. I chastised him, "Stop that!"

He laughed, and tossed our child into the air above his head. Peals of laughter erupted from Xander's throat as he flew nearly five feet above Cage's head. But he was never in any danger. There was no way Cage would ever let him fall. And Xander loved it. Both of the twins had a penchant for adventure and mischievousness.

After easily catching the little boy, Cage crossed the room and gave me a kiss on the cheek, murmuring, "He's our son, Tigru." The sheer pride and joy in his voice caused my heart to stutter.