Book 3|42. Just One More Day

Chapter dedicated to Waieperda. Thanks, my friend, for reading, voting and commenting!

I posted TWO chapters today. Be sure to read the other one first.

Chapter 132 –Just One More Day– Marku's POV

I paced in the darkness of my room. It had been several days since Raine had made her escape. And every day that passed made it more difficult to capture her again. Particularly now that she had my only leverage, Queen Ileana. Armand was sure to put the full force of his army into to protecting his daughter.

I growled angrily and swiped my hand across the top of a dresser, sending a priceless Byzantine bowl and lamp crashing to the floor. Violet hurried into the room, her gaze cutting from me to the items on the floor and back to me again. The scent of her arousal filled the air and her lustful eyes slowly took in my naked form, before she remembered she wasn't supposed to be looking at me, and her attention snapped to the floor, her head bowed low in submission. She trembled, fearing my wrath for her mistake.

She should fear me. I was in no mood to grant leniency to anyone, least of all a female.

"Aatos!" I barked.

Instantly, my new head of security appeared in the doorway. "Yes, my lord?"

"Take her, five lashes and then let her sit for five hours before you heal her and return her to me."

Violet gasped. Tears ran down her cheeks. She trembled harder. Aatos grabbed her by the arm.

"Wait," I stopped him. I still had an unresolved hard-on. "Come here."

She hurried to stand in front of me.

"Kneel," I commanded.

Instantly, she dropped to her knees.

"Suck me off, first. Then you will go for your punishment."

"Yes, my lord," she whispered.

Aatos waited patiently while she took care of my nuisance erection. When she was finished, tears continued to flow down her cheeks as she waited for my command.

"Take her." I ordered and turned away. She let out a sob as Aatos clutched her by the elbow and pulled her to her feet, leading her out the door.

I slid my body into a pair of leather pants and strapped a dagger to my waist. I headed out the door and stopped at the room next to mine. The one Raine had stayed in. I opened the door and stepped inside. My lips curled into a wicked smile as I surveyed the new items I had added to the room. If and when Raine made it out of my dungeon, I wanted all of the tools I needed at my fingertips. Several pieces of BDSM furniture meant to contort her body as I saw fit, chains to keep her from escaping and whips in every size, so that I could teach her on a daily basis what it meant to be obedient.

By the time I was done, she would be a shell of her former self, my slave, bloodline vampire or not. There would be no more pleasure for her at my hand, just pain.

My smile faltered. I needed to find the bitch first.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID: Acheron. What the hell did he want? I accepted the call and snapped, "What?"

The humor in his tone was unmistakable. "I wondered if you would like to purchase Queen Ileana for a second time."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I hissed. Queen Ileana never knew that Acheron sold her out to me. He promised her he could break the mate bond and she followed his instructions in how to find him. But the plan was never for her to reach him. Instead, I paid him a hefty sum of money, and in return he gave me her location. Catching her had been easy.

"It seems I once again have something you want," he chuckled.

What in the hell? How was that possible? I clarified, "She is in your possession now?"

"Oh yes, she just showed up on my doorstep. Quite convenient if you ask me. So, would you like to purchase her for a second time?"

Fuck, if the Queen was there, then Raine might be there as well. Surely, she wouldn't have run right into his trap. I had every route from here to Armand's kingdom being searched. I never presumed she would go to Acheron. Maybe I should have. She obviously had a soft spot for the Queen. "Is Queen Raine with her?"

"Yes, my granddaughter is here as well."

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Raine had no idea who she was dealing with. The grave danger she was in. And he knew her identity. I made a counter offer, "I no longer want Queen Ileana, but will make you a very profitable deal for Queen Raine." I held my breath.

He chuckled again, the sound dark and dangerous. "Oh no, I intend to keep that little jewel all to myself."

Motherfucker!

I bit back a growl. My tone lowered persuasively. "Are you quite certain? You haven't even heard my offer. You know I have access to much more than just money. Tell me what you want."

"There is no incentive you could offer that would convince me to sell Raine to you. She is far too valuable. I saw a glimpse of her power tonight. By the time Skoldr is finished with her, she will suit my needs just perfectly."

Skoldr! That bastard son of his.

I had to play it cool. He couldn't know my true intention. I forced levity into my tone. "So be it, but if you change your mind, you know where to find me."

"Yes, and if you change your mind on Queen Ileana, call me. But don't wait too long. I will dispose of her as soon as I have secured Raine."

"Understood," I replied grimly and ended the call.

Instantly, I called Aatos. He answered on the first ring. "Yes, my lord?"

"Have someone else punish the pet. I need you to get a team of ten men prepared to travel immediately, and meet me in the southeast atrium."

"Yes, my lord," he affirmed and hung up.

I hurried back to my suite to gather supplies, irritation crashing over me again. How stupid could she be to run right into the arms of that monster? And how stupid was her mate for allowing it? I snatched my phone once again to make a call.

A female answered, her voice purring seductively, "Marku, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

I was in no mood for niceties and barked, "I need portal access into the Untamed Dimensions. I can't use the one in the Carpathian Mountains." Acheron had some witch watching that portal and would see right away if I tried to enter there.

"I see. Where would you like to end up once you get there?"

"As close to the black market dealer as possible." Acheron ran the largest black market trade in the Untamed Dimension and the human world.

She gave me the price. I agreed quickly, "Fine."

"In addition to payment, I require one night with you, the entire night," she added pointedly.

Son of a bitch!

"Okay, fine, agreed," I growled. I didn't have time for this nonsense.  She gave me the coordinates and hung up.

I rushed out of my suites and headed for the southeast atrium. Aatos and his team had damn well already be there. We couldn't waste even a second of time. I had no idea how Acheron planned to secure Raine, but whatever it was, it wouldn't be good. Both he and his son were cold blooded fuckers. They wouldn't be easy to beat, particularly with a witch in his pocket. But it was the best chance I had at recovering Raine. I fully intended to capture her bastard mate as well. I wanted all of her pain to be inflicted by my hand, not a result of distance from her mate, so he would have to be kept close and I could use him for leverage. And I would enjoy torturing him.

Aatos and his team stood at attention when I arrived. I handed him my phone so he could see our intended location and ordered, "Put these coordinates in your phone."

He did as instructed.

"Once we arrive, we are headed to the black market dealer. I estimate we will be there by tomorrow night."

Just one more day and she would mine...