Chapter 13 "Rage against the Machine!"

THREE YEARS LATER

So I'm still a virgin! But after tonight, I won't be. Since Witches' Point, Jayden gave me the time I needed to get ready, and he backed off from any further sexual advances. As for my BFF, Tabitha—Well, we're roommates now; I guess it's back to like old times again.

It's been so long since I've seen or heard from my mystery man—AKA Shadow, or Dark Knight. Ever since my relationship with Jayden took off, it's as if he stepped aside and left me alone. Entirely!

I miss you so much....

The vibration in my right pocket meant one thing as I inconspicuously pulled out my iphone. A smile swept across my lips as I reviewed the text.

Jayden.

: I'm in town, hon. I'll see you tonight.

I quickly jot down a response.

: ok ttyl <3X

Reverting my gaze toward the front of the class, I noticed that Professor Stein was glaring at me. But this wasn't high school anymore as I quickly stashed my iphone. I knew Jayden was going to keep sending me adorable selfies throughout the duration of this boring lecture, so I turned it off.

I had one more class for the day, but it wasn't till later on as I traversed to 43rd Ave. I was in the mood for tacos as I headed over to El Ray Del Taco—one of the more popular food trucks here in New York.

"What'll you have?" said the vendor.

"One Quesadilla and a Diet Coke."

Not long at all, my steamy, cheesy tortilla was ready as I headed back to the Berkeley College campus. My next class wasn't till six in the evening, so I had ample time just to unwind while I prepared my notes for the next lecture.

In the meantime, while I ate, I could indulge in some Facebook action. I didn't chat much, but I liked posting updates on my New York adventures, especially when it came to food. I admit it—I'm a foodie.

"Here you go!" I said, snap shooting my perfectly unwrapped Quesadilla and beverage.

And, while I ate, the likes started flooding in.

"Oooh, one from Cameron," I whispered to myself as I read his comment under my post.

: Girlfriend! We need to get together tonight—I'll be downtown with some friends.

: Jayden's in town visiting, Cammy. Maybe next time.

: NP....I know you been practicing the moves I taught you ≔)

: Yes! (>‿◠)

                                                                   ~*~

Due to a family emergency, tonight's lecture was canceled.

Perfect! I thought, reading the letter on the class room door.

I would have more time to get ready for Jayden as I made my way back to my apartment. I was supposed to stay in the dorms. But Tabitha totally objected. Since we both decided to attend Berkeley, she was quite adamant about us living together, but of course, the dorms wouldn't do. My parents weren't shelling out that kind of cash for me to live in some stuffy, overpriced New York apartment. Of course, when it came to Tabitha's world, her parents insisted on taking care of everything just as long as their princess was happy.