Chapter 18 "The Witching Hour"

The bass reverberated through the walls. My senses still dull as if I was suffering from a massive hangover. I stood up only to stumble back to the floor as my head spun out of control. I caught a glimpse of a toilette and crawled on the tiles toward that miniature porcelain statue. Wrapped around the edges of a toilette bowl, I pulled myself over, embracing it like a lover.

"Eurghl!" I hurled, spewing remnants of my quesadilla and fruit into the toilette.

I'm in a restroom?

But this wasn't the restroom I was just in as I tried to make sense of my environment.

"Arion!"

Nothing.

"Asag!"

—Nothing.

I stood up and wobbled toward the sink, wiping my mouth with my wrist, quickly turning on the faucet. The fresh water cascaded off of my fingertips as I slurped up the liquid remnants. I lathered my hands with soap, embracing from a correlation of voices erupting into the bathroom. High pitch sounds filled the room accompanied by the blaring music outside, but I was afraid to look up. I continued to Splash the cold liquid on my face, taking sips to quench my thirst as if not affected by their presence. I could see three figures through my peripheral vision.

"Like—seriously, Sally, you need to get with him," said a woman's voice.

"He is cute, isn't he?" responded another voice.

I looked again.

—Humans?

"Excuse me, could you hand me a paper towel," I said, confirming my suspicions.

"Sure, sweetie," said one girl in a tight skirt.

I had to look again, noticing their perfume and clothes.

Night club?

It was starting to make sense to me.

"Do you know what time it is?" I said, grabbing the paper towel out of the girl's hand, pulling out my iphone for confirmation.

1:37A.M.

At least this was the time on my phone.

"Let me check," said the girl that handed me the paper towel.

She had long, wavy, blonde hair and could easily pass as a model or actress. The other girl was a brunette and just as equally beautiful. And, the girl at the end of the sink was Asian. My guess all models since they were very slim and wore expensive designer outfits. Of course, I was stereotyping, but I was getting the feeling that I was back in New York; it wasn't out of the ordinary for models to party like rock stars here.

Still apprehensive, I didn't want to step outside of the restroom. But I had to. I had to find Arion. I had to find the answers, and I wasn't getting any closer hiding out in here.

"I've got one thirty-eight, doll," said the blonde, smiling at me.

After they had left, I was left alone to my own devices.

Run?

I glanced toward the bathroom door.

—Hide?

I glanced over at one of the empty bathroom stalls.

I'd only be buying minutes before one of Lucifer's hounds sniffed me out.

Breathe in, Lydia—You got this!

After a few deep breaths, I ambled over toward the door. My hands reached out for the knob, pushing it open.