Eyes

Alexa POV

Saturday morning. The smell of vinyls and coffee running through my mind. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked through the Nirvana album section. Yes. Typical me.

Each and every Saturday morning I would always go down to the little old vinyl shop in the city to look at all the brightly colored albums. It all started when I was a kid. I was always excited to see which albums they brought in during the week. Now, I come to see which albums are being bought out. As time develops, the small place is slowly dying out. I mean, this was like the center of coolness. Now it's in the shadows of society.

As I began in to look through the old legends, my smile grew. I grew up with these songs. These songs were and will always be part of my life. I picked up the Nirvana MTV Unplugged album. A small chuckle came out as I realized how much this one album changed me. The twist of happiness and depression within the songs made me feel, whole. It made me feel, like I belonged.

Yes I am that awkward girl who enjoys to relate and compare myself to music. It's just that each song has its own personality. Each song took time to make. Each song is different. It's just wonderful.

As I traveled onto the Sex Pistols, section, the store speakers began to play a song that made my heart pound rapidly. It began to play All Apologies from Nirvana.

"What else should I be
All apologies
What else could I say
Everyone is gay"

I sang along ever so quietly, smiling at Gus, the Vinyl store owner. Gus was like my second father. My actual father "disowned" me when he found out I was gay. He didn't want to except it. My mother on the other hand, was very supportive of me. To say, she was proud of me.

"What else could I write
I don't have the right
What else should I be
All apologies..."

I continued to sing, Gus shaking his head as he chuckled slightly. He knew exactly how I felt towards the song, which is why he liked to play it constantly. As I sipped my coffee, I walked around, singing and admiring the walls which were covered with band logos and posters. Right as I was about to continue to sing, a sweet voice came up.

"In the sun
In the sun I feel as one
In the sun
In the sun
I'm married
Buried"

The voice. So sweet. So innocent yet so blissful. My head shot up looking around. Who was it? I felt like it was the voice of an angel. I walked around amongst the rows of vinyls, to find a blissful girl looking around, singing.

"I wish I was like you
Easily amused
Find my nest of salt
Everything is my fault"

I sang under my breath. She must have heard because she turned right around. She was so beautiful. She had part of her hair shaved off, her eyes, a lighter shade. Her eyebrow, partly shaved. And her smile. Oh, how it could melt my heart. She blushed very lightly, but she did not stop singing and neither did I.

"I'll take all the blame
Aqua sea foam shame
Sunburn with freeze burn
Choking on the ashes of her enemy"

As we finished singing that one  verse, she chuckled slightly, covering up her mouth as she did. That slight movement caused me to blush. She looked down at her shoes, slowly looking at me. Her nose twitched very slightly, almost to the vibe of the song.

"Hello." She said sweetly but quite confidently.

"Hey." I said, nervously and shaky. She giggled slightly, noticing my nervousness.

"You have a beautiful voice." She said with a giggle, as she slightly tapped her feet in place. I could tell she was a tad hyper by the coffee cup she held in her hand.

"Your voice was music to my ears." My blush reddened as I pushed strands of my hair out of my face, my clouded blue eyes meeting with hers. I took a deep breath and smiled confidently. "I'm Alexa."

She smiled widely and waved to me with her small little hand.

"I'm Lynn." She made a peace sign close to her cute face. "With two N's." She let out a chuckle.

"Lynn." I thought to myself.