chapter 3- the plan

The plane ride was horrible. My dad would not stop talking about the fresh start im getting and how lucky i am, and how as soon as i was settled i could go shopping and get some new stuff for school.

I dont start for 2 weeks... meanwhile i was trying to tune him out and focus on reinventing myself.

I spent my free time listening to the top 100 songs of the month from i-heart radio and reading wiki-notes on popularity... basically i just have to watch every basic white girl movie out there and act exactly like them but dress like the girls ill be going to school with.... easy enough.

Faze 1 of the plan- redesign my bedroom. My room has to be as cool as im pretending to be.
Faze 2- fix my makeup to be "more girly" and bleach my roots
Faze 3- shopping. Look out jc .pennies, pink, and forever 21 im coming.
Faze 3- get popular.

Seems simple enough i guess. Like some social experiment but... its my life.
As soon as we landed i went to the restroom to freshen up incase people i might go to school with see me. My aunt lives in a rich neighbourhood so im sure that will help my new reputation.
I let my hair out of the messy ponytail it had been in and side braided it and wiped the smudged makeup from under my eyes and put on the only pink sweater i had.

"Good enough." I said to myself. I also made sure to grab a caramel frappe from Starbucks before getting in our cab and heading to my aunts/our house.
We drove until we were entering a gated community it was huge. Its February and the weather was so nice today. I had hardly noticed i have so much on my mind. We pulled into a fairly large driveway and my aunt ran out to greet us.
"Oh my little niece emelia! Oh how you've grown! " she yelled squeezing me to death in a tight hug. "Hi aunt Camilla. Its great to see you. Its been forever i missed you so much!" I said back smiling i never would have said that back home... the plans working already. " i like the attitude kiddo. Keep it up and i might let you go get some new stuff today." My dad said while hauling some large bins from the cabs trunk. " thank you daddy. That would be totally awesome!" I said embracing my inner... perfect daughter personality... i guess.

" oh aren't you a doll. How old are you now dear? You look so grownup." My aunt said as we started heading into the house a glimpse of two boys sitting on my new neighbors porch got my eye. Before we got in. "16." I replied " your house is so big aunt Camilla... i really like it." I said admiring the building. Nice houses and expensive things were always just something i could look at but never get to close too. "Please call me cami. And its our house now. To many rooms in this place for just me anyway." She laughed.
She walked up the stairs swiftly and i followed close behind her. She stopped at a large glossy oak door on the left side of the hallway.
" this will be your room emelia... feel free to decorate it however you like. You dad said your a little more out there then most girls." She said " well actually if you could help me decide how to decorate it that would be great... im actually trying to embrace this fresh start and be a better person." I smiled
She beamed at me and left with a huge smiled on her face... well i guess i made someone's day. I walked into my new bedroom and it was beyond enormous. I had a bathroom and i walking closet. I already had furniture too my bed had a white dropped canapi and white and black tribal print pillows. My floor was oak and had a white fur rug around my bed area and in the bathroom floor my drawers we already half full of makeup, hair products and tools, clothes and tape. This day could not get any better!