Chapter Three

Dad stood up from the table with such force, it was a wonder the whole thing didn't just go flying. "Ray, I'm gonna need you to get Micael, Xavier and Dani down here, pronto." Dad said to mom. She nodded quickly and then rushed out of the dinning room.

I stared at dad and JJ. "What's going on?" I asked. Dad didn't even look in my direction. His eyes were hard and darting all over the place as he gripped JJ's shoulder.

"Dad?" I said again. But he still ignored me. The nerve!

"JJ, I'm gonna need you to come with me." He said. JJ swallowed and nodded quickly.

"Dad!"

"Scar, I want you to look after your brothers and sisters till me and mom get back."

I looked at him, appalled. "But why? What's going on?" I said desperately. Dad pressed his lips down firmly. "Do as I say."

As soon as he rushed away with JJ, I stuck my tongue out as far as it would allow me behind his back.

My siblings looked up at me on shock. They all loved my dad and would never dream to disobey or be rude to him. Jheez, sometimes i feel adopted. I shrugged and then pushed my chair back under the table then looked over at Breeze. '"Bree, you're the oldest here. I'm gonna need you to look after your brothers and sister till I get back." I said pulling my jacket back on.

"She's only older by three minutes!" Storm protested. That started off a heated discussion between the two and I took this as my cue to leave. I rushed out quickly just as the door to dad's office closed. The wretched room was sound proofed so I couldn't hear a word.

I glared at them from behind the door. If this guy was a threat to us, shouldn't I be informed too? I was old enough to understand and not be scared of an attack.

Or they're just doing it to protect JJ. Of course. They can't risk their precious little Alpha boy to get hurt.

I turned on my heel and for the second time today, I stormed out of the Pack House. Mom and Aunt Dani came rushing up the steps. I stopped and waited for them to start yelling at me for leaving the kids alone but neither of them said a word and hurried inside before disappearing into the office.

I scowled and shoved my hands in my jacket pockets and kicked the gravel miserably. "Just once, i'd like it to be about me."

It just was so unfair. JJ got to be treated so tenderly with so much affection because he was the Alpha and whatnot. The twins got treated really well because they were the first twins in the family and only goodness knows why Kaden and Candi got the regal treatment.

Then there's me.

Just the second child. The only one who doesn't think like the others. The only one with green eyes. Just for once I'd love to know what it's like to be appreciated.

I walked back into the forest, sulking and huddling into my jacket as the breeze swept around me cooly.

Suddenly, my nose made contact with something super hard. I yelped and jumped back, holding my nose painfully and glared daggers at the culprit. "Watch it." I grumbled.

And as luck would have it, it was the same Ricky or Rocky guy from before and that sent my family into hysterics for no reason. He smiled pityingly at me. "You really shouldn't be roaming these woods alone, sweetheart."

I let go of my nose and wrinkled it to make sure it wasnt broken, and then tried to stand up to full height like Xavier had taught me.

"Number one, its a forest. Number two, I'm fifteen. I can do what I want. So push off."