Chapter Six

"Get off me, Rocky!" I yelled, trying to twist out of his deathly grip on my arm as he dragged me out of the room.

"Get off!"

"Just shut up!" He growled at me. "I've waited 18 years to get one of you Tazer kids and you know what? I'm not about to wait another 18!"

"I dont care you wrinkly old hag! My dad will track me down! Just wait!" I yelled furiously at him. I had no intention of bring manhandled like this by some strange guy. Rocky stopped and tightened his grip, then pulled me forward violently. "Listen. By the time your dad gets here, it'll be too late, sunshine." He said, an evil smirk creeping up.

I swallowed fearfully. "Too late for what?"

He only chuckled.

Man did I hate this guy.

At least he was slightly distracted. Xavier had taught me to always wait until they're distracted before swinging a punch. And that's exactly what I did. Well, more like a violent kick to his shin but more or less the same thing. I guess Xavier wasn't that hopeless after all.

"Argh!" He yelled gripping his leg. Once he straightened up, I gave him another kick right in the chest. I guess that one was too powerful and he ended up flying backwards and hit a wall, leaving a huge dent and crack but he stayed slumped in the floor, winded.

"That's why you don't mess with Alpha kids." I muttered, pretending to dust off my hands. All of a sudden I heard footsteps and another guy came to the hallway. He looked from me to Rocky "Dude, did you just get smacked down by a teenage girl?" The guy asked, looking slightly furious.

Rocky clutched onto his chest, gasping for breath "Shut up, Collin. Just get her." He said raspyly. Collin spun around to me and narrowed his eyes, his fingers flexing. "Huh. You can tell she's Hunter's." the guy muttered to himself.

I took a few steps back, wary of his next movements.

He made a mad grab at me but I jumped back just in time so that his fingers only brushed my T-shirt. I stuck my tongue out at him. "Missed me!"

Then he let out this growl and before I knew it, his hand was clasped around my throat and he lifted me up so my feet dangled in the air. A twisted sneer appeared on his face. "Don't mess with me, little girl."

My arms flailed about wildly but I managed to scratch him right across his face. Collin swore violently. They were such bad words, that they would have burnt a whole in my mouth if I dared repeat them. Sheesh, where was the chivalry these days?

But of course, my knight in shinning armour came to my rescue! Well, more like my mate in a shirt and jeans but it can't be helped.

"Dad? Dad, what are you doing, get off her!" Carter yelled, trying to prise Collin's death grip from my throat. "Carter, get lost! This is none of your business!"

Carter looked furious "Yes it is!" He yelled.

Collin let go of me and turned to Carter. "Get back to your room." He snarled as I was bent over, gasping raspily for air.

I just looked up from Carter to Collin. No way did my mate's dad just attempt to kill me. Not exactly how I pictured my first meeting with his family.

Something passed between them, I knew they were communicating through their mind links. Carter's lips tightneed but he pushed past his dad and grabbed hold of my wrist. "C'mon."

I followed him hurriedly, glad to finally be away from those people. I hoped like crazy that I might get to go home and take whatever punishment my parents had for me.