First class and...a friend?

Slowly takijg in your surroundings, you walked into the boringly decorated classroom and stood behind a desk.
Next to you was a smallish girl with pink hair and a white bow and in front of you was a tall boy with curly brown hair and... rabbit ears? Well, things here just got weirder and weirder.
"Alright class, you may sit," said the teacher, Gareth, in a droning sad voice. We all took our seats.
"I will now do roll call," he said.
"Ellen,"
"Here!" A purple haired girl replied.
"Invader,"
"Yes!" A girl with blonde hair and... a beard?
"Hidden,"
"Here," a boy with dark hair and a crown.
"Yuki,"
"Here, sir," the pink haired girl next to me.
"Jts,"
"Yes," a rough boy with a beard and a scarred eye.
"Sookie,"
"Yep," a girl with green skin and dark red hair.
"Soul,"
"Here" an owl person. Really?!
"J,"
"Yes," a boy with messy brown hair and glasses.
"Dom,"
"Here," a boy with dark hair and a mean face.
"Salex,"
"Yep," a girl with pretty brown hair.
"Silly,"
"Yes sir," a girl with black hair and glasses.
"Taurtis,"
"Yeah," the boy next to rabbit ears.
He had black hair and headphones.
"Sam,"
"Here sir," bunny boy.
"Y/n,"
"Here," you, with your e/c eyes and h/c hair.
Gareth then handed out the class assignment and homework (really, on the first lesson?!) and gave some important information about the school. In all honesty, the majority of the class seemed to have zoned out at Gareth's deep depressed voice.
Finally, the bell rang signalling the end of the boring class. Lunch. Yay! You followed everyone down to the lunch hall. But when you got there you didn't know what to do. You had no one to sit with. Having come from a completely different place you had no friends and were slightly scared to make any. You'd never liked getting close to people in fear of hurting them or getting hurt yourself. As you were scanning the room you saw the boy with the bunny ears waving for your attention.
"Oi, hello," he shouted, "you can sit with us if you like," he gestured to his friends, Taurtis and J. You blushed. And then stuttered,
"Y-yes of course,"
You'd only just met him but already you felt as if you had a connection with him. No, you can't like him, you can't like anyone. What if they found out about your problem and your 'other side'?