Chapter 9

Sam POV

"Hey!" I said as Rowan tried to push herself off the couch. "Stay lying down, it will help with the pain."

"Sam" she said weakly "why do you hunt things?"

I thought for a moment. "The same reason as your mother probably."

"Wait! My mother was a hunter too?"

"Yeah," I said casually " it ran in her family! The same as me really. Although, I wasn't so keen on the idea. Until, the same demon that killed my mum killed my girlfriend."
I saw Rowan shiver slightly at the word demon, but I carried on talking.
"Your mother was very good at hunting. Sometimes, I would stay up for hours listening to her stories. I'm so sorry, Rowan. It's my fault she died. The demons that attacked your car were looking for me."

"Sam, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known. You didn't even know I existed!" She whispered. There was a static silence between us.

"Well, it looks like your nose bleed has stopped! How about I start running a bath and you can get cleaned up?" I said changing the subject. I really was sorry about Grace's death. She was such an amazing woman. The world could have done with more people like her around.

"That sounds good, Sam" Rowan said with a tired smile. "Thank you."

Daringly, I kissed her forehead and got to my feet. It seemed like she was too tired to protest. I ruffled her short hair before walking to the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bath.

"This is crazy" I said to myself as I turned on the hot tap and watched the water pool in the bottom of the bath tub like blood. I smiled and looked up at the ceiling. "Just you wait, Bobby! You're gonna get one hell of a surprise!"

Dean POV

Trust Sam to get a girlfriend and bang her up without telling me! That's the type of thing I would do! What? Does he not know how to use a condom? Or is he just plain stupid? I'm for the second one!

"Demon like how?" I snarled at Cas.

"You know how, Dean!" Cas returned. "Black eyes, uncontrollable, angry! You saw what just happened. That's the exact state I found her in when she prayed for me. I don't know how this happened, Dean, but I know you can help fix it!"

"Yeah? But what if I can't fix it? What then?"

"That's for dad to decide." He said bluntly. "And we don't question that. He knows what he's doing. He told me to monitor her and report anything out of the ordinary."

"Wait! So you knew about her?" There was silence. "Answer me!"

"Yes! I knew about her."
Castiel confessed. "Ever since she was born. Although, I only revealed myself to her a few weeks ago because I thought it was time for her to meet her dad. And it looks like I was right!"

He gestured to the couch where Sam and Rowan were talking.

"You're very lucky I haven't used my angel blade on you yet!" I whispered under my breath. Cas wasn't always sunshine and rainbows, but he knew how to sort things out.

"See? Now you must apologise for doubting me" he smiled.

"For Gods sake, Cas" I sighed, pulling him into a hug.

"Please don't use that term, it's offensive." He said wrapping his arms around me. Cas was right. I could see that Sam was happy. He had reunited the Winchesters!

Cas pulled away. "I have an errand to run but I'll be back later." And with that he was gone.

I turned around to see Sam kissing Rowans forehead. It was risky as she pointed a knife at us earlier but she seemed to embrace it. I still raised my eyebrows at his bravery. He walked into the bathroom, with a spring in his step, and began to run a bath.

I shrugged and slumped over to the refrigerator. "Wanna a beer, kid?" I asked and I rummaged through the salad leaves to find more pie.

"No" Rowan replied. "And I'm a minor. What kind of uncle provides alcohol to a minor?" She laughed.

"A damn good one!" I replied, placing two beers and two plates of pie on the coffee table by the couch. I also pulled up a chair and set it opposite Rowan. Licking my lips, I cracked open our beer and set my own plate of pie on my lap.

"So" I said chewing a delicious piece of pie. "We need to finish a case and then we'll take you to my soulmate Bobby. He's a hunter too, and a damn good one at that! We'll see if he can help with the headaches and find a way to 'control' you. Cas told me about what happened and I'm guessing you heard our conversation. Is there anything else we should know?"

Rowan stared at me blankly, trying to take in what I just said. "I have nightmares" she stammered. "Every night it's the same."

"Oh yeah? What's it about?" I said washing the pie down with some beer.

"A lady. She's in a room with baby. But it's like I'm the baby staring up at her from my cot. She sings to me and pushes the baby mobile above the cot. Her voice is so lovely and soft, it sounds real. Like I'm really in the room with her.
But then, a shadow appears at the end of the cot and my stomach goes all tight and my throat closes up but somehow I manage to croak out a scream and the lady realises the shadow. By that time it's too late and the shadow raises its hand and pulls the lady to the ceiling. Then the room bursts into flames and I wake up."

I had frozen. She was having nightmares about that bastard. "Does Cas know about this?" I asked.

"I-I'm really not sure. He knows a lot of this about me but he is my guardian angel." She said.

"Bath's ready!" I heard Sam shout from the bathroom.