Chapter 10

Rowan POV

I trudged into the bathroom to see a steaming hot bath waiting for me. This was a rare sight for me as I'd only had a bath once! At the care home you could only have showers. I'd bathed when I went to my friend Bellas house in year 6. We'd got so muddy when playing the the park Bellas mum let me have a bath before I went back to the care home.

"There's a clean towel for you here and some shampoo and shower gel. Sorry, it's Deans but we'll get you some wash stuff on the way to Bobby's. uh, just call if you need anything else!" Sam smiled giving me a white towel.

"Thanks again, Sam" I said smiling back. He stared at me for a bit but then got up and left the room. Closing my eyes, I let out a big sigh. I felt like such a jerk for waving a knife in their faces and the fact that they have to lump me around with them. Still, they weren't bad guys. Maybe I could tag along for a bit.

I began to strip, gently peeling off my sticky clothes and laying them on top of the toilet seat. I'd have to get more clothes as I was wearing my school clothes. Most schools in America don't have to wear a uniform but my school tried to be posh even though it was in a rundown area. In truth, I didn't mind wearing a school uniform, I didn't have many clothes anyway.

Soon enough, I was in my bra and pants. Well, actually I didn't wear a bra. I wore a binder. All it did was flatten my chest. I wasn't trans*, I just thought boobs got in the way.

I removed my underwear and stepped into the bath. The hotness scorched my legs but slowly I sat down and let the burning water parade around my body. I closed my eyes and sunk in even deeper so that the water line was up to my neck. The warmth clung to me as if I was slipping away down the plug hole.

After five minutes of bliss, I remembered what I was supposed to be doing. Slowly, I sat up and grabbed Deans shower gel. Gingerly, I began to squirt the blue gel into my hand and rub it onto my body. As I rubbed I noticed a flannel on the side of the bath and picked it up as an alternative to my soft hands but, as I grasped it from the side, the jab of cold water hit my fingertips. The flannel was already wet. Well, damp and cold. I shrugged and dunked it the warm bath and scrubbed myself with it.

Thirty minutes later, I emerged from the bath slightly less dirty and looking like a raisin. I snatched the towel from the floor and rubbed myself dry. Then I put my dirty clothes back on. God! It was disgusting!

Running my hands through my wet hair, I walked back into the lounge. Dean was on the couch watching some volleyball match the T.V but my dad was no where. I sat on the couch next to Dean and pretended to watch the volleyball match but instead admired Deans face. His eyes and my eyes were the same shade of green.

"You're probably wondering where Sammy is." Dean said without taking is eyes of the T.V.

"No. Not particularly." I lied.

"Well, he felt bad 'cause you were still in your school clothes so he went to get you some stuff."

"He didn't have to" I mumbled feeling guilty.

"He likes you, kid" Dean said. "He's never had anyone to look after before so he's gonna be over the top. You're 15 right?"

I made a 'yes' sound so that Dean didn't have to tear is eyes away from the match.

"And you've grown up without a dad all this time? Wow! You ever hunted before?"

"No" I said shaking my head even though he couldn't see me. "Apparently, my mum was a hunter."

"Oh! Well that's good. You've got veins pumping hunter blood through you. You'll be a natural. Maybe if Bobby's not too busy we can ask him to train you a bit!"

I'm starting to like this Bobby fellow!