Chapter 16

Lily POV

I walked away from the kitchen window and made my way to the front of the house. The night was still young, I still had lots of time. As I prepared to leave another set of wings fluttered behind me.

"Going somewhere?" Castiel growled.

"Butt out, Cas." I said spinning around to face him. "This has nothing to do with you."

"Like hell it does, Lil!" He snarled taking a step closer to me. "I've already spoken to dad!"

"No need to shout." I murmured, winding my hair around my forefinger.

"He gave us six months." He sighed. "Six months to train her and get rid of that demon inside her."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you get it, Cas? She is the demon. I've been watching her, Cas. Two minutes ago she had a nose bleed. They're linked to her demon powers, aren't they?"

"We can fix this. We can fix this, right?"

"Cas, please understand! We can't fix this!" I pleaded. "The only reason I was going upstairs was to ask dad if we can train her to use her powers instead of suppressing them. We could use them to our advantage. Y'know. Fight fire with fire."

After a long silence Castiel nodded softly and headed towards the house. I rolled my eyes again. He needed to trust me. Like he used to.

Rowan POV

I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and shake me slightly. It felt kind of nice. Like I was being rocked back and forth by the gentle lapping waves of the sea. Then the waves got fiercer and the tiny boat I was in rocked a little more precariously. Seconds later, my little boat was thrown out if the ocean and broken into splintering pieces as I tumbled into the raging waters below.

My eyelids flicked open, only to snap shut again when the ceiling light shone in my face.

"Hey kiddo" the familiar voice of my dad said. I groaned. "It's pretty late. You want something to eat?"

"PIE" Dean yelled from the living room.

"You at least wanna sleep on the couch?" He whispered stroking my hair.

Wait! I wasn't on the couch? Crap! I'd fallen asleep at the table! Groaning again, I lifted my head and wiped the sleepy from my eyes. Yep. I was as stiff as hell.

"How long have I slept for?" I yawned, stretching my painful limbs.

"Around two hours." He yawned back.

"Oh." I muttered. The nightmare seemed to last forever. Cas was right. They were getting worse. Even though it was the same every night, they seemed more real. It was like they weren't dreams any more.

The sound of the fridge opening jerked me out of my daydream. Sam had his head in the fridge and was taking items out and plonking them on the table.

"Okay. So we got beer, ham, left over sausages, cheese, cucumber, mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and cake!" He said proudly "gah! I can't resist it. I'm making a salad!"

Suddenly, Dean stumbled into the kitchen holding a magazine.
"PIE?" He spluttered.

"No, Dean" Sam sighed. "No pie."

Dean frowned and shuffled toward the table. Reluctantly, he picked up the sausages, two slices of bread and some tomato ketchup.

"What is your order, madam?" Sam said putting on a crap French accent.

"Just a ham and cheese sandwich, if you would be so kind." I smiled.

"Anything for such a beautiful young girl like you" he said tapping me on the nose and preparing my food.

"You're only saying that because I have half of your genes!"I laughed. Then I remembered my mother. She may have gone but at least I had my dad. My dad, Sam Winchester.