The Talk

Harry's POV

"Dad. I'm on my way home." I hear Darcy's voice say through the phone. She doesn't give me time to answer, nor does she tell me where she is. She just hangs up.

I'm not as angry as I was earlier, but I am still sad, upset, and a little confused as to why she ran away.

As soon as Darcy walks through the front door Luke and I attacked her with hugs. Most of all I was happy she was safe and home.

"We need to have a family talk. Just us 3." Said Darcy. All I could think about was 'what did she want to talk about that requires all 3 of us?' Soon Darcy began to explain.

"The talk will have to be between you and I, Darcy. Luke needs his rest." I inform her while looking at Luke.

"But daddy! I feel fine! I not sick no more!" I give him a pointed look and say

"Luke, do want a spanking?" He shakes his head 'no' "then, go upstairs and rest." He just stands there. "Ok! It was your choice!" I then go to get him when Darcy steps in.

Darcy's POV

As I see dad struggling with Luke I walk over and ask him

"If I go up there with you and read your favorite story,then turn on 'The Lion King' will you please get some rest?? If not for me then for mom looking over us from above?" After a few minutes of just standing there he gives up and goes upstairs with me. I'm glad too. I know he needs his rest but I also saved him from being spanked.

After reading like his favorite book and putting on 'The Lion King' I walk back downstairs.

"We need to talk dad" I tell him. We go to the living room and sit.

"How do I even begin to start?" I ponder.

"Here's a start. Telling me where in the world you have been and why you left." Dad says with a small hint of anger. 

All I could say was "I was in my safe place...where I am sane...with mom." I know it did not answer the question to his liking and I could see the anger building up in his eyes. "That's all I can say." I add then get up and go to my room ignoring his calls to come back.