A Rookie

Jason's pov

I walk into Station 3, prepared to talk to Mike the chief. I'm the new rookie here. The other fire fighters point me to his office. I walk in and he's only wearing his shirt and boxers. I stare at him bewildered. "Um Chief where's your pants?" He shrugs and motions for me to sit down so I do. After our meeting, he welcomes me to the team and I go back out to the main room. Jared, a member of the team walks over with a smirk. "You're a good Christian man, right?" I nod. "Have you had a confession in a while?" I blush. "Not for a few years." I mumble embarrassed. "Well a priest is coming. He always talks to the rookies." Hm... I don't know. But I want to fit in. "Ok."

*later*

"Are you married?" The priest asks. "No, father." I say. "Well are you a virgin?" My face gets red. "No." "So you think it's right to fornicate with loose women?" Oh jeez. "Um of course not father. I'm sorry." I hear them laughing. Huh? The sheet parts and the whole team is laughing their asses off. And it ain't no damn priest. "Ha ha real funny guys, pick on the new kid." I say also laughing. It was a good prank.

*a few days later*

I was making coffee when I heard the fire alarm go off! "Yes my first fire!" I gasp, running for the trucks. I quickly get my turnouts on and we drive to the fire. I'm manning the hose this time around. I'd rather be in there rescuing folks but that's Jared and Dennis's job. Dennis is my closest friend on the team. We put the fire out with no problems and Dennis walks out carrying a brunette girl. She's covered in ashes and shaking something fierce. We get back to the station and I high five him. "Great rescue." I say, smiling.

*the next day*

Me and Dennis were at the store getting groceries. "Hey, man, go grab some beer." He says. I'm about to head that way when two girls stand in the aisle next to ours. My eyes stay glued to the girl in the blue dress. Dennis smiles and walks over. Oh jeez. "What are you doing with these?" He asks, picking up a frozen meal from one girl's cart. Man, he drives me crazy. "You don't want this." He continues. The girl I have my eye on smilingly looks over at me. I half wave smiling too. Dennis glances back at me. "I'm gonna beat you senseless." I mutter under my breath. "I'm Dennis Morrisey and this is Jason Aldean." "Hey." I say, waving. "I'm Miranda." The girl I like says. "Wow, pretty name." I say, choked up. She smiles. "Maybe you ladies would like to join us for drinks." "I think that would be nice." The other girl says. I smile and we hit the bar.

*the next day*

I wake up, gladly looking into the eyes of that beautiful girl I brought home with me last night. She opens her eyes and smiles. "Hey handsome." "Hey beautiful."

Miranda's pov

I stare at the double heart ring he has on his finger. "That's a nice ring." I say, pointing. He smiles. "My mom gave it to me. When the hearts are pointed down, it means you're free." He takes it off and turns it around, "But when they're pointed up, towards your heart, it means you belong to someone." He puts it on to where he belongs to someone. I smile. "I love you." I whisper, kissing him.