The Family Gets Bigger

Jason's pov

"Baby's coming soon right?" Vick asks. I nod while we shoot pool. "Well ya can't have a baby.... Without a shower." Then suddenly a thing of water is poured on me! I shiver. "Ha real funny guys!" I gasp, smiling and shaking the water off me. "Guys!" Mike calls. We turn around. Davis is back! I smile. "Hey man, it's great to have you back." I say. "It's great to be back." He says. It's a pretty quiet day at the station so I head home. Miranda struggles to get up. I help her. "Hey baby girl, how ya doing?" "Fine. My stomach hurts a little though." She winces in pain. "Jay, I think I've gone into labor!" She cries, grabbing my shirt. I quickly wrap my arms around her and help her get to my truck. "Ok it's gonna be okay." I flip on my red lights and siren so I don't have to worry about traffic. She cries out. I call the guys at the station. I can hear them shouting congratulations and excitement.

Mike's pov

"Hey Guys, Jason's gonna be a father... Today!" Vick shouts. "Let's go!" John shouts. I smile at them. "Keep your radios handy just in case." We all head up to the hospital.

Jason's pov

The doctor hands my little girl to me, my hands shaking. "Hey Kayla Madison." I whisper, shocked. I bring her over as the rest of my team shows up. I smile. "Hey guys welcome to the family little Kayla Madison Aldean." I say, smiling. They cheer.

*5 years later*

We now have a two year old son named Tanner and it's Kayla's fifth birthday. Miranda brings over her cake. "First ya gotta make a wish sweetheart." I say, patting her head. "Ok. I wish for a barbie car!" We all laugh. "You're not supposed to say it out loud." I whisper to her. She looks up at me innocently. "But now I'll get it right?" I laugh again. "Eat your cake." I say, walking over to my wife. "I love you baby." I kiss her. "I love you too, Jay."

*later that night*

Miranda's pov

*in her dream*

I finished making dinner for the kids. Jason was still working. I wish he was home though. It's our ten year anniversary. I sigh and sit on the couch. I hear a car in front of the house. Yay! Jason's home! I run to the window. My body freezes up. It's a red car. Mike and Vick get out. "Jason!" I squeal, ripping the door open. "Please Mike Jason's okay, right?!" He stares at the ground and I know he's not. "No!!" I cry, hitting my knees.

*she wakes up*

I'm back in bed. Huh? Phew just a dream. But where's Jason?! "Jason!" I scream. He runs in the room, looking worried. "What's wrong baby?" "I... I had the nightmare... And woke up and you were gone." He sits beside me and hugs me. "It's okay honey. Tanner just woke up. I was getting him back down." I cry into his chest. "Promise me you'll always come home." "Of course baby."

Jason's pov

I can't make this promise I shouldn't. What if something like what happened to Dennis happens to me? Then that dream will come true and I would've broken my promise. I kiss her head. "I love you hun." She falls asleep, cradled in my arms.