Chapter 2

What on earth? She thought as she pulled herself from Aiden and confusedly stared at him. He seems in a deep thought also while his blue eyes pierced her with so much intensity.

"What-who are you?" Aiden asked her as she's slowly coming out from her bewildered stupor.

"What--oh, my name is Aimaengel, I'm a friend of Troy's sister" she said not attempting already to offer her hand, afraid another shockwave will pummel her to the ground this time and she wouldn't be that lucky.

"So, y-you're the b-birthday guy?" she added, her voice shaky.

He nodded his head slightly not dropping his intent gaze on her. "You're a friend of Addy? So you're human?"

"Of course I am. Aren't we all?" she gave an awkward haha at the statement she considered a joke to lighten up the tension between them.

"Umn... Well, I live at Creson Hill. My father is Amado de Dios and my mother is Mel-"she was cut off midsentence when she spotted her brother coming towards them.

D**n girl! Who blurts out their bio data during first meetings? Geez, you're embarrassing! She mentally chided herself for her lack of social finesse.

"Hey Angel, what are you doing here?" Alexander looked confused.

Why on earth will her brother be confused in seeing her at a party? I'm invited for goodness sake. It's not that I am party-crashing here, hello!!

"Addy invited me here. She said, that Troy said, that Aiden said, that she can invite everyone she wants here, if it's the truth that is." She explained looking at Aiden, a little bit pissed.

Well, honestly it's not Alexander that really pissed her. Unfortunately, her heart decided it enjoys beating like a bass of a Pop song.

Aiden looked at her confused again. Won't you people quit looking at me like I'm some kind of Trigonometric figure that haunts your high school dreams!?

He spoke looking at her eyes. "Angel? I thought your name is Aimaengel?"

She almost rolled her eyes if she hadn't remembered her manners before she explained, "Well that's just his personal pet-name for me. You see, Alexander, my brother, wouldn't allow anyone else calling me that name so all my friends call me Maen"

Aiden and Xander looked at each other and Aiden's gaze dropped to the bandaged arms of her brother in silent question.

Xander slightly nodded but with a silent reprimand and pleading in his gaze. Aimaengel haven't noticed it because Aiden intentionally blocked her line of sight to her brother's face so she hadn't seen those knowing looks Aiden and Xander gave each other before turning to her.

"So, you two are siblings. How old are you now Aimaengel?" he asked.

"I'm 19. But I'll be turning 20 three months from now. Hey Xander, would you please pass me a soda?" Alexander went to the cooler just below the table, pulled a can and threw it to her. She caught it single handedly and murmured her thanks.

"Well, since you two guys already know each other, I'm going to go have some fun with the girls over there."

"Bye Xander" she said as her brother slipped away to the group of girls she didn't know but have seen before.

Aiden lead her to the stairs that leads down to the beach below. He walked to a vacant table under a mango tree.

She puts down her plate as he pulled a chair for her, "Thank you"

"Anytime! So, Aimaengel-wait can I just call you Mane for a change?"

She nodded and started eating her food.