Chapter 6

"Aiden I told you to watch every attacking angles of your opponent. You always got distracted," Leandro scolded Aiden as he sent another round swipe kick that Aiden wasn't able to jump away from, and sent him lying on the ground.

"I'm sorry, Dad," He accepted his father's hand helping him to get up.

His father's right. He's usually beating his father's ass off whenever they spar in hand-to-hand combat. But these last few days are proofs that he's very distracted. And he definitely knew the culprit of his focus.

"Is there any problem, son? It seems like you're into something deep. You know you can talk to me," Leandro said while they are walking from the beach towards the rest house.

Adenase smiled to his father, "It's not really a problem, Dad. I'm just thinking...and confused."

"What are you thinking about? Maybe I can help."

"Well, you see, Dad. Well-uh-I-"Aiden can't seem to get the words out.

"Oh, come on, son. Don't be shy, spill it out," Leandro encouraged him.

"Well, dad, when you met mom, have you happened to feel something crazy?" he asked his father slightly blushing.

Leandro burst out into laughter at his son's question, "What a silly question child. Of course I did! I always feel crazy about your mom you know!" and slapped Aiden on his back.

"What I mean dad is did you ever feel any strong sensation in your body? Like a cold and yet burning sensation surging through your veins? Dad, you always tell about how it would feel when you find the right woman. This one is different. Entirely different," Aiden ranted to his father with furrowed brows.

Leandro looked into his eyes very seriously, "So, the one that's causing your distraction is a girl."

"Yes."

"Would you please care to tell me when, where, and how did you two meet?"

Adenase went on telling his father every detail when he met Aimaengel. When he finished, there's a long silence between him and Leandro. It looks like his father is in a very deep thought. Aiden looked back at the beach, and finds himself remembering that fateful night.

**Flashback (Adenase POV) **

Aiden rushed towards Alexander when he saw Aimaengel sagged.

"Angel! Angel, please answer me," Alexander choked out while shaking his sister.

"She will be fine, Xander. She's just exhausted," Aiden hoped it to be the truth. He will not be able to forgive himself for leaving her alone at the beach.

Alexander looked up at him with a worried expression and that didn't do any good with his guilt except to add up.

"I'm sorry," he murmured to him. "I shouldn't have left her alone. I never thought this will happen."

"No one's blaming you, Aiden," Alexander answered. "I just can't understand why she'd been able to do what she did. She's not a pure Elemento. Her mother is human and she never manifested any elements before."

Aiden remembered their meeting. The sensation he felt and the jolt.

"She never manifested before?" He asked Alexander thinking he just didn't hear right.

But Alexander answered, "Yes."

"Are you sure? Because when we met I'm sure there's something different with her. I thought she's a pure Elemento when you said she's your sister."

"No, she's just my half sister. Father fell in love with Melody three years after my mother died. Aimaengel's half human," Alexander explained.

He got up carrying Aimaengel and walks towards the shore.

"I'm taking her home. I'll let father know what happened so he will take care of her. I can't stay any longer to help you regenerate all the water in the ocean. I'm worried about her," he said with an apologetic look and looked down to Aimaengel who looks like in a deep slumber in his arms.

Aiden nodded and looked down to the fine sand under his feet. He looked around to find almost half of the water in this part of the beach, obliterated.

He remembered accompanying Addy and her brother's group to the gate and getting everything ready when everyone in his clan arrived.

He remembered Alexander walking up to him asking where Aimaengel is so that they can go home before the portal opens.

In this part of the world, Aiden knew only two portals connecting to the world of Almentia; this beach and a part of the river running around Creson Hill.

They looked for her everywhere. He even asked everyone there to help them look for Aimaengel.

They were looking for a whole five minutes already when the beach maintenance chief reported a malfunctioning from the line of solar globes lining the edge of the safe zone.

They hurriedly went down thinking she might be there, and they're right. They saw her clinging to a globe which Aiden knew was deflating because it's now a lot smaller than its original size, and she's very concentrated with something below the water.

"She might have her feet tangled with the wires lining the globes," the chief told them when he saw her too.

The boat was already prepared when they felt the vibration. The portal was opening. He saw Aimaengel being tossed away.

The portal opened at the water like a tornado and it will be opened for a whole minute. If Aimaengel was caught in it, she won't be resurfacing until it close up again.

Out of desperation, he called to his earth element and let his senses merge with it. Instantly he felt everything that is connected to the earth. He felt every person, plant, and animal. He focused his sense to the sea. He felt the water raging above, felt every single stones and shells...and, there!

He sensed something or someone in the rapidly revolving water just in the middle of the twister.

And the rest, well, as they call, is history.

**End of Flashback **

Aiden shook his head upon that mnemonic. He is certainly sure that Aimaengel would have flown backwards if he just hadn't gripped her hands and pulled her towards him when they shook hands; and he is pretty certain he felt a jolt inside his chest too.

After the long silence, Leandro lets go of his breath and looked at Aiden directly in the eye.

"Son, by all means, may I know the name of this girl?" Amado wasn't at the beach that time and everyone there felt that Adenase should be the rightful one to tell his father what happened.

"Aimaengel...Aimaengel de Dios."

Leandro stiffened. "Is she Amado de Dios's daughter?"

"Yes, Dad. " Adenase answered.

"And you told me she annihilated the Leviathan. But isn't she human? I thought she never manifested before?" Leandro asked confused.

"That's what they thought too. They all think she's human until that night and that's what confuses me. If she inherited her father's genes, she should have manifested long ago, but according to them she never....but I swear, Dad, I really felt something different with her when we first met."

Leandro furrowed his brow in deep thought. "Believe me, son. I can't explain that either. This is not the first time that an Elemento had a child with a human, but not one of those children manifested."

"That's what maestro told me too." His maestro is a native elemento. The natives are the ones who choose to stay in Almentia than go back and forth to earth.

Maestros are element teachers that educate earth-living elementos about everything they need to know in Almentia.

Leandro was quiet for a minute then stood up and spoke, "Well, I guess a visit to Creson Hill is on the list."