Chapter 10

A/N: Hi guys. 2 more chapters before the epilogue. Thank you for supporting this story this far. :) I really hope you enjoyed it. BTW, there's a page on facebook for water blaze. If you're interested, you can look it up. (.n___n.)

^^That is Aimaengel at the picture po. :) *whispers* (hirap mag-edit ng picture. Huhu)

*********

Aimaengel's struggling to find a comfortable position when a sharp cold and burning sensation shot up her spine making her back arc in a dangerous bend causing another scream from her.

Alexander lifted her in his arms as he jumped from the rock to the ground seconds before everyone in the house came running to the garden hearing the screams.

"Alexander, what's happening?" Al, the doctor in the family, took Aimaengel from him and rushed her inside, proceeding to do emergency protocol on her.

"We were just counting down when she suddenly collapsed and then screamed. I can feel too much energy coming from her. I think her element is amplifying." He said his face pale.

Amado stiffened where he stood watching Al fuss over Aimaengel who had fallen out of consciousness.

He spoke with a shaky voice.

"I thought this morning when she's not showing any sign of haywire, she's already safe."

Melody-crying beside Aimaengel-looked at him with questioning eyes. "What do you mean, Amado? safe from what Amado?" She used his full name, not their endearment.

Amado sat beside her and took her hands in his.

"From the Threshold."

All of the guys in the room stiffened-all six of them are present.

"What threshold?" she sniffed, "What are you talking about?"

"A threshold is the time when an elemento coming of age experiences an amplification of power. It's like having a bomb burst inside them, their true power being contained in it the whole time of their youth."

"But I never saw any of the boys experience like this before. I witnessed them coming to age but they'd never been in this kind of pain." Melody is sobbing now, wasn't able to bear seeing Aimaengel in so much pain.

"Yes, they never did. So was I." He pulled Melody closer to him and kissed her brows giving her comfort, anchoring her.

"But neither of us are Flare Elementos."

"Papa-"Alexander interrupted their parents' quiet moment together.

"Maybe you should take Melody away from Aimaengel. She doesn't need to see this," A hidden message in his gaze.

"No!" a solid negative, "I will not leave my daughter's side. She needs me. I will never leave her, not now!" Melody won't budge.

But Amado stood up. "Come on honey. We'll go to a safer place. It's not safe here."

She remained seated. "Why not safe? What-are you saying my daughter is a danger to me?"

But Amado didn't laugh nor crack a smile with that forced joke. His face remained serious.

"What?" Melody is starting to feel panic, "What are you not telling me Amado?"

It seems that Amado cannot form the words so Al took his cue.

"Flare Elementos are very rare, very rare even to extinction. Their element, Water Blaze, is not a natural element. They are what we call extreme element, or the conflicting element. It is composed of Water which is fire. An elemento who holds water 'and' fire are very different from Flares. Water and Fire are two separate and conflicting elements. They naturally won't fit with each other. But Flares are both. Water-Fire, not water 'and' fire."

When Melody did not say anything, he continued. "Water Blaze is an element that is basically Water. But it's not the ordinary water that we are familiar of. The water we know is, wet, liquid. But Water Blaze isn't. Instead of wet, it burns; instead of liquid, it's gas, the properties of fire. That's why they call it Water Blaze, because it is Water that is Fire, water that acts as fire. Even more powerful than both elements combined."

"But what does that have to do with my daughter being dangerous?"

"There's a reason Flare Elementos are extinct. With the vast power of the Water Blaze, it is not proportionate to the energy even the healthiest elemento had. It cost a lot for an Elemento to contain it, and even more to yield or manipulate it. Water Blaze is infinite. If it becomes more powerful than its host, it can go haywire-uncontrolled."

Melody's tears continue to flow while Al continues his explanation while monitoring Aimaengel's vital signs.

"Aimaengel is a Flare. The Flares we have known all survived the Threshold, but they are all manifesting at the age of five. There powers are not contained in their body that long. But even then, they still went haywire. Aimaengel...she just manifested recently," His voice dropping to a whisper at the last part.

Melody's world shook with the realization.

"So you mean there's a possibility that my daughter will lose control of her element, and it will consume her?"

"It will not only be her," Amado joined in. "If we will not be able to stop it, the Water Blaze can consume a whole continent."

Melody's throat constricted. "But you will be able to stop it, won't you?"

"If we are lucky, the outflow of energy will not be that fast. We will be able to have a killing window before-"

"Killing window!?" Melody's voice was a full thunder.

"How dare you Amado! How dare you to think of killing your own daughter!!" She whipped her head to the boys, "Your own sister!!"

If Alexander was an animal, he must have growled with that accusation. "Even if I gave up my life in exchange of hers, not a second will I hesitate to do that if it was possible!" he hissed.

Amado pulled a crying Melody to his chest. "Sometimes, honey, it's not a matter of loving a person that makes our decisions. It's a matter of acceptance and compliance. Sometimes, you just don't have to ask why and rebut everything life puts on your shoulders. We are already very lucky to have and love her. But don't get us wrong, honey, as long as there is hope, even the barest of all, we will still hold on, heart and all."

There's a moment of silence in the room before the ground shook, followed by rapid precipitation.

Minutes of full chaos as everyone in the room tried to find cover from falling debris and rioting furniture, ending to a vacuum silence and scalding cold temperature.

As the calm before the storm ended, the room starts to another revolution, as Aimaengel begun to flare.

Coiling burst of water sprouted from every part of her body forming to a blazing flame that starts to slash to every direction spreading so fast that even the hoped killing window stands no chance.

The whole room flared blindingly as the Water Blaze of a Flare intends to consume everyone in its way.