Chapter 4

Aimaengel opened her eyes to find herself standing on a very fine and dry sand.

She is still covered with water. She raised her hands to brush it away from her body but she can't, and it's not wet. It was cold on her skin but it's not wet. It's like she's been engulfed by a fire but it's doing her no harm. Even her clothes are not touched.

"Aimaengel!" she saw her brother and Aiden running towards her. Her vision is now normal even though she can still see some telltale signs of the faded overlapping balls of colors.

"Are you all right?" Alexander hugged her when he got to her.

She hugged him back and she suddenly felt very exhausted. She knew she wanted to ask him something, no, a lot of things but it seems like she forgot how to speak.

She opened her mouth but no sound came out. She's so exhausted. She looked up at Alexander's face and she felt safe. The feeling of security made her rushing adrenaline to subside, and once it did, all of her shock, fear, and weariness caught up and she collapsed.

***

Aimaengel heard a rustling of fabric, followed by footsteps. She heard a chair being dragged nearby. She felt a hand touched hers and a finger being pressed to her pulse.

"Vital signs are already normal," says a familiar voice beside her, "And I think she's coming around."

Somebody opened her eyes and passed a blinding light in her line of sight. She tried to swat the hand of that someone but she's just able to raise her hands a fraction before being forced to drop them again, being that she is too weak.

The blinding light disappeared and she saw her mother's face beaming in front of her.

"Hello my dear, how are you feeling?" Melody asked.

"I feel so w-weak," she answered in a rasping voice. Her throat felt so dry.

She saw a pitcher of water on the bedside table and gestured for it. Melody took a glassful and helped her drink. She fed her with porridge and immediately she felt her strength coming back.

Melody stood up. "Okay honey, I'll just take the bowl back downstairs. Take your rest, and I will be back for you to help you down for dinner." She beamed at her again before exciting from the room.

Dinner? She forced her brain to remember what had happen...and caught her breath as everything came back to her.

Aiden's birthday party, her nearly drowning, a beast coming out from the sea and tried to eat her, the water coming out from her body but appears to be blazing instead of wet, and her brother's worried face.

She shot up to a sitting position when she remembered her brother. Is he alright? Is he the one who got me home? She thought as she started to stand. She shook her head.

Funny at how very fast she's recovering from the weakness she felt a while ago. This is no normal thing, she thought.

After a short while, she is fully recovered and able to have her shower before her mother came knocking on her door.

"There you are. I know you will be fully recovered by now. Come on, your father and brothers are already waiting for us at the table." Melody held her hands and guided her downstairs.

She saw that Melody was right when they entered the dining room. Her father and her brothers are in complete attendance sitting around the table.

She walked up to her father, Amado, and kissed him on the cheeks.

Her father hugged her and spoke, "I know child that you have so many questions running in your head right now but let's do the talking after we have eaten. Sit first and eat."