Chapter 3

"Xander!!" gasp, "Xander, help me please!" she choked as she swallowed a panicked sob.

Stupid, Aimaengel! So stupid for you to fall asleep in the ocean! She scolded herself while trying to stay afloat.
She can now see Adenase above at the resort and Alexander walking to him.

Oh, thank God. Maybe they'll notice now that I'm not around.

The two guys are talking with each other when Aimaengel noticed that the globe she's clinging to is slowly deflating-the wire had been tugged from it during her struggle.

A feeling of dread crept into her. The globe is just the only thing keeping her afloat and now she's losing it.
She tried to free her feet from the wires but they won't budge. She needed to use her hands to untangle it but she can't risk letting go of the globe.

She is very concentrated now with untangling the wires to be able to swim to the shore that's why she didn't noticed that Alexander and Adenase are approaching the beach.

It's now 12:59 at midnight, the minute dividing the end of today and the beginning of tomorrow.

Aimaengel is still struggling with the wires when suddenly the ocean vibrated with a rumbling sound. It started with just a hum then grew to a roar along with the shake, starting from a mild vibration to an intense quake.
A wall of wave slammed on Aimaengel and she was tossed farther away from the shore. She lost her grip on the globe and now she's underwater.

With her feet still tied by the wires and the water around her in a state of a crazy tornado, she found herself being tossed around making it hard for her to find the way to the surface. There was no light from the sun to help her see the direction of the bubbles to guide her to the surface.

Her lungs are now burning inside her chest, protesting for air.

She still tried to fight for a while but even until she felt her energy drained from her body, she wasn't able to find air. She already lost her hope and her tears are mixing with the waters when she felt a bump on her chest. She put her hands in front of her, palms forward, and felt sand.

Wait. Sand? It means I'm already at the bottom of the Ocean, she thought.

Hope surged through her and she tried to swim upward, but her hands are now numb, and she can't feel her body anymore. She's now starting to feel her newfound hope starting to fade when she felt the sand bumped her front this time and she's very startled even in her state when she felt it moving...upward!

The sand is rising! She can feel it pushing her body up...fast. So fast that, seconds later, she's gasping as air flooded her lungs. She's now on her back and she starts to feel tingles spread in her body.

'I'm on the shore. And I'm alive, thank God!' she thought as she tried to get up. She put her hands to her left side and she pushed on her knees. She might have crawled five steps when her hands can't feel sand again.

What?

She tried to reach for the bottom but she can't. She looked around, thinking that she might have crawled the wrong way, but saw unending darkness.

She shivered and looked back to the other side. Her eyes went huge when she realized she must be still  200 feet away from the shore. She can see now that there are a lot of people there...staring at her relief on their faces, including Alexander and Adenase.

Alexander looked worried and Adenase looked...strained? She wondered. It looks like he's on pain and concentrating so hard.

"Angel! Stay still. Don't move! You'll be okay," Alexander called out to her.