Chapter 1

AN: Kay, here is the other HinaHarem story like promised. The main ship is Itachi, but I am totally doing a reverse harem.

Updated 27.04.2020.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX

Hinata smiled softly at the message on her computer screen.

CrimsonNight: Do you remember how we met?

Like most nights, she was talking with her beloved Crimson. He was smart, and witty enough where she loved her conversations with him.

PaleMoon: I posted "In this world, there is no such thing as a true person. Everybody hides behind something; a mask of sorts. It can be anything, a smile, indifference, even a shy exterior."

CrimsonNight: And I wanted to know where you got it from. You said you thought of it on a whim.

PaleMoon: Yes. That was three months ago now... Funny, how it all started.

CrimsonNight: When can we meet?

PaleMoon: I would... But I'm afraid.

CrimsonNight: Afraid of what?

Hinata stared at her keyboard, not knowing how to answer. This guy, CrimsonNight, was someone who she thought to be a close friend. They talked every night since they met, heck, they even texted during the day. Yet, they both avoided revealing their names. There was something intimidating about him knowing her name. Like, if he knew her name, everything would fall apart. The friendship they built was on her being outright and intellectual, yet, her real personally was shy and quiet. She was nothing like he would be expecting.

In the short months they had talked, they shared some of their most intimate thoughts in detail; deep thoughts, personal views, political views. She knew him so well, yet not at all.

All because she was hiding behind her pen name.

While hiding she was able to open up and share. In real life, she would never be able to do such a thing a thing! Carefully, she typed her next sentence.

PaleMoon: "Whatever I take, I take too much or too little; I do not take the exact amount. The exact amount is no use to me." ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin.

CrimsonNight: In other-words, it's better for me not to know. May I ask why?

PaleMoon: It is better to know some of the questions rather than all the answers. With answers, there is no questions. With questions, there is always an answer.

CrimsonNight: Your thinking intrigues me, as usual. Perhaps, you think I would find you boring in person?

PaleMoon: You read me well.

CrimsonNight: Moon, You know I would not disregard you.

PaleMoon: Look at the time, Midnight.

CrimsonNight: Great subject change. Will you text me tomorrow?

PaleMoon: Don't I always?

CrimsonNight: Sleep well, PaleMoon.

PaleMoon: You too, Knight.

CrimsonNight: Do you still insist on calling me that ridiculous name?

PaleMoon: Of course :)

XxXxXxXxX

Hinata yawned, her eyes blurry with sleep. She really had to stop staying up late to talk with Knight. She smiled, the name was a simple play on words, yet fit him so well. He was exactly like a knight in shining armour, riding along forums and giving analytical information and debuffing the rumours. So valiant, so diligent, she giggled.