Chapter 7

"So, how long have you been painting?" Sasori asked, his intense grey eyes on her. Nervous, she fiddled with her paints and brushes. Why was he talking to her? They never talked to anyone, other then eachother!

"For... a-a few years now..." She answered, lowing her head when she stuttered. Blasted speech impediment!

"I could hook you up with a buyer, if you'd like?" Deidara said, chuckling when she accidentally dropped her brush. Her gaze shot to him, her lip unwillingly quivering when she found him watching her. "What?" She put down her items, and placed her hands on her lap, her blush growing steadily. How ungraceful of her.

"I... I am fine, thank you." Her voice quivered, making her blush even harder.

"Come-on~" Deidara sang as snaked his arm around her shoulders, making her freeze. "We artist gotta' stick together!" He deep chuckle was way to close to her ear. She was sure she would look like a tomato at this point.

"Deidara, you are going to kill the poor thing." Sasori's voice was nonchalant, making the dialect very odd. But it was true, she was starting to hyperventilate. Her chest was starting to raise and fall rapidly, and her breaths short.

"Whoops..." He took his arm off her, but it did not stop the anxiety. These two boys were top-notch artists! Why talk to her? She only painted for a hobby.

Not to mention, the Akatsuki didn't really accosiate outside of the Akatsuki. Let alone them. She had been in the same art class as them for weeks, and never once seen them talk to anyone.

Yet here they were, both acting like this was a normal thing to be chatting with her.

She needed to escape. Fight or flight response ordered her to flee. Before her brain shut down.

"I... I'm sorry, I must go!" She stuffed her paints in her bag faster than she could say Deidara. She didn't even roll up her painting, instead she flew out of the class.

"Oh look... You scared her."

"No I didn't, un!"

So much for showing her art at the end of class.

XxxxXXxXxxxx

She spent way too time in the café with Sakura. It was already dark! She stared outside, her eyes wide. Time passed by way to Quick, now Neji was going to be pissed. He always had to know where she was.

"I can walk you home if you'd like?" Sakura poked her playfully. Hinata smiled at the girl before shaking her head. Sakura was a blackbelt in three different martial arts, and was a professional fighter. She was a busy girl. It was rare for her to get a chance to hang out. That's why when the text came after her daring escape from art class, she happy accepted.

"I can do it... See you later." She stepped outside into the dark, leaving the warm cafe. The wind was cold, and kept picking up. Thank goodness her sweater was so warm. She began the walk, peering into the dark alleys as she passed them. She was in a rather shady part of the district, but the cafe had such good food.

Her house was only five blocks from the café, so nothing should ha-

"Bitch."

Or not.

She cursed her luck as Hidan stepped infront of her, coming from the darkness of an alley. His face, although dully lit, was swollen and bruised. It made him look even more sinister as he stalked closer.

"What do you think you're doing, whore?" Hidan's grin was feral. She tried to step past him, but he wouldn't let her. "Probably making some home runs, eh slut?" She stared at him wide eyed. What blasphemy! "I bet you're only a good girl in school, hm?" She shrunk back when he leaned in, his purple eyes looking her over. The wind blew, the stench of alcohol coming from him in droves. It made her shrink back further.