Chapter 16

Something was wrong. Crimson had yet to contact her. He had always replied to her! But now, the dismissal bell was ringing, and still no text from him. She fiddled with her thumbs, eyes darting around as people exited the room. She really needed to hear from him. Even if it was about something else! But no, he did not text her.

She could run for it?

There was no way Pein, the leader of the Akatsuki, one of the most feared gangs, could be wanting her to be their pet, right?

Perhaps what happened was all a delusion made from stress.

No, even she could not think of such a frivolous situation.

The class had cleared out, leaving just her.

Well-

Clck.

The door closed, making her quickly turn around. There stood Itachi and Hidan.

Oh.

Oh no.

Heat filled her face, her heart thumping in her ears.

No, this couldn't be happening.

Her best friends older brother, whom she managed to salvage slight interaction, and Hidan, the two sided person, who was much like her, were standing there, looming.

The thing was, they had their Akatsuki jackets on.

It was common knowledge they all had matching jackets. Black, with red clouds. It was their gang symbol after all.

They wore it when on gang business.

Which meant, never at school.

This couldn't be happening.

A few strands of hair fell into her face, her eyes widening as they took a few steps into her classroom. Both had their eyes on her.

Itachi looked indifferent, Hidan wore a bloodthirsty grin.

They had to be on other business, right?

They got closer to her, coming down the rows to her seat.

She quickly stood, twisting so her butt hit her desk. She felt the desk behind her, trying to gather her books discretely.

One of her books fell off her desk, making a loud thump. Itachi paused in his approach, a few desks away. Hidan on the other hand, made his way right next to her, stepping on the book she had dropped. She looked to her book under his foot, then back to Hidan, then back to the book, then to Itachi, then back to Hidan.

They did not say anything, yet even in her denial, it was obvious they were here for her.

"He-hello," She greeted, trying to act natural. She tried to sweep her hair out of her face, instead she ended up poking herself in her cheek, making her wince. She blushed, awkwardly looking between the two men.

She really was not able to act.

It simply was not one of her gifts.

And now her cheek ached.

"Hinata," Itachi was the one who spoke, his words crisp as autumn air, and clear as a winters day. She nodded, though she wasn't sure she was supposed too. "You'll be coming with us."

Her shoulders dropped, her head lowering.

There was no way she could talk herself out of this.

"Okay..." Her eye caught the book under Hidan's foot. It looked so abandoned there, and forgotten.

It looked just like she felt.

Crimson, where could you be?