Chapter 8

Why was it so warm? She shifted, the silky bed sheets making her slip around. Silk? Her bed sheets were cotton.

Her eyes shot open. Red. There was red all around. Red bed sheets, red walls, and red curtains. She never seen so much red in her life! It was a dark red, like blood.

Crimson.

Like... Knight.

"I see you're awake." Her gaze shot to the voice, her eyes widening. There sat Itachi, his arms crossed and eyes glowing red.

Now she remembered! She fainted... In... His arms... Her face blushed ten shades of red as she slid out of the bed. Soon as she stood, she swayed. Itachi's arms were around her in an instant.

Her heart sped up, her body freezing. His chiseled body felt so firm, so strong. She hated to say it, but she felt.... Safe.

Why did this keep happening?

"Ita-" That voice.... Sasuke? She looked to the door, there stood Sasuke. His face was frightenly blank, his hand still in midair. "Hinata?" His voice was rough, his skin paling.

"Sasuke!" Relief filled her, making her forget about Itachi's arms. He let her go, and she paid no heed to it. Quickly, she ran to Sasuke, her arms wrapping around his slender waist. But Sasuke did not look at her, nor return her hug. His dark onyx eyes were solely on Itachi.

Hinata looked between them, confused. Sasuke looked rigged, while Itachi nonchalant.

How odd.

Zzzzzzzz.....Zzzzzz.... Her phone buzzed.

Her eyes widened. What time was it? Neji was going to kill her! There was no way out of this one. She opened her phone. Neji's name was on the display, making her gut sink.

Dreading what she was about to do, she answered it. "Hello...?" Her voice quivered.

"HINATA!" She flinched, drawing Sasuke's attention. His onyx eyes bore into her, making her even more nervous.

"I... I'm sorry!" She didn't mean it to come out as a whimper, but it did.

"Do you know what time it is?" She looked around, but there was no clock. She looked to Sasuke, mouthing the word time.

"2am" He answered. Her jaw dropped. She slept in a mans bed practically all night? How unrighteous of her! She whimpered, her moral was really belittling her. If anything, she had to be confident... To be able to...

She wavered.

Suddenly, the phone was taken out of her hands. She flinched, her eyes going wide.

"Sorry, we forgot to tell you we were having a study camp." Sasuke spoke into her phone. She looked up at him, biting her lip as his eyes roamed over her. He was probably questioning the situation as much as she was.

Neji's voice was a mumble to her ears, making her fidget. Sasuke remained stoic, at least that was good.

"Yes, yes, I know you were worried." He responded.

There was more mumbles.

"Yes, I'll walk with her to school in the morning." He responded again.

Click.

She stared at Sasuke, her heart finally beginning to slow down. That was until his eyes flared in anger.

She was in deep shit.

"If you're going to quarrel, please do it outside of my quarters." Itachi had his arms crossed, his face dark. She blushed, her head dipping in embarrassment.

"Th-Thank you for... Saving me..." She looked at him, instantly she regretted it. His slight and smug smile made her knees wobbly. She leaned into Sasuke, slightly shocked. Itachi was not the type to show emotiknsm

Dangerous... She clung into the edge of Sasuke's shirt, her heart pounding.

"Let's go." Sasuke led her out of the room, but her eyes remained on Itachi till the last moment.

Enchanting. Deadly.

She looked to Sasuke. The brothers were so different, yet alike. She knew Sasuke so well, yet not Itachi.

"I hope you don't mind, Naruto is here." She averted her gaze, embarrassed. She was starring. It was rude to stare... Why was she acting so unbecoming?

"No... I... I am sorry..."

"I expect you to tell me exactly what happened."

XxXxXxXX

Naruto was laying sprawled across the floor, only in his boxers. She couldn't help when her eyes drew to their bright orange color. Then led up his tanned, toned body. Goodness! Was she a pervert?

She hid her face in Sasuke's side, a small noise of embarrassment making it past her lips. She didn't want to be a pervert!

"Yo, Sasu-" Naruto stopped, his eyes going wide. "Hinata?!" He grabbed a book and covered his shorts. "What the hell Sasuke?" She meeped. As if he  sensed her discomfort, Sasuke stepped in front of her.

"She was in my brother's room." His deep voice was accusing, his eyes dark. Not that she blamed him. Being found in Itachi's room in the middle of the night was something to question.

There was a silence in between them, making her fidgety.

This was going to be hard to explain...