Chapter 2 - Birthday Surprise

Chapter 2- Birthday Surprise

Neither of them wanted the other to leave which was understand the past month not having spent as much time together other then the occasional FaceTime call they really haven't had the opportunity with all their work commitments having kept them separate,it had been both their biggest fear. At this point they weren't going to be together for his 40th with Gwen going back on tour the planning and scheduling just hades worked out this time.

"You're leaving for Australia in a few minutes? It is Australia I'm not getting it confused." He enquired she was going so many places on her world tour at some points he couldn't keep up Gwen thought that it was cute. "Yes,Australia for 2 weeks." She moved her bags over to the front door when she heard the driver beep outside,"I have to get going. I'll call you when I get there,Babe." They kissed for what felt like forever not wanting it to end. Just like that she had to pull away then worked out hopping into the car,he watched as She drove away it broke his heart though he understood. 

Gwen had arrived at her hotel in Brisbane knowing it'd be late back home by the time she arrived she decided to text Blake just Incase the cowboy had fallen asleep after a long day at the studio and the voice.

From: Sunflower

Hi Cowboy,you still awake or have you closed them big blue eyes for the night? God I miss you and the boys. Gx

not even a second a past before she received a message back.

From: Cowboy

My Sunflower,I'm so glad you arrived safely. No,my blue eyes have been waiting to lay their eyes on your perfect hazel ones.

She smiled at his reply quickly pressing the FaceTime video to ring her man,how she loved him.

He answered sounding very groggy "Hello Beautiful." It made her blush with a wide toothy grin that he love,"there's that elusive but satisfying smile I think about every time I close my eyes." She giggled. "Oh stop!" She insisted.
"I miss you." Said in unison with a laugh coming from each. "Are we really that couple?" Causing Blake to chuckle,"yes,my love we are."

They talked for hours before realising how late it was for Blake. "Baby,you need to sleep it's got to be early there." She heard him clear his throat then check the time. "It's nearly 5am." He chuckled "I have to be awake in 30minutes." They both laughed. "At least have a nap in your trailer on your down time I hate that you're gonna be driving tired.." She took a breathe "why don't you call a drive to pick you up then have someone drop your car off? It'll make me feel better knowing that you're safe and not behind the wheel tired." He nodded his head the screen showed that he was paused after a minute he came back. "Car all book for 6am to give me time to shower and actually look decent." He smirked.

"Thank you." She took a sigh of relief. "I better get ready to go do soundcheck. I love you."

"I love you more." She blew him a kiss,"before you go I told the boys they can FaceTime you off my phone tomorrow night,We are having boys night. Gavin has meetings or some crap. So..no nakedness." He wiggled his eyebrows "You got it. Bye baby." She smiled "Bye bubba."

Before long a week had past many FaceTime calls later with Blake, some with Blake and the boys each and every time it took them longer and longer to hang up with the many 'I love you.' 'I love you more' arguments leaving them all in giggles with Gwen letting the boys always win. It was Blake's birthday he hadn't planned on doing anything other then spending it with the boys who he loved as his own,it was Friday they'd just finished up production on The Voice he was heading on when he could swear he heard his name he rolled his eyes recognising the voice. "Adam I don't have time I'm going to get the boys.." He turned around to not only seeing Adam standing but a few of the crew,Pharrell and Christina all with their party hates on then three boys ran out in their party gear.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE" Kingston yelled as long with Zuma,Apollo was on Pharrell hip. "We have a surprise for you." Adam announced as a gorgeous blonde Orange County girl walked around the corner "Happy Birthday,Cowboy." Blake's eyes started to well up he wasn't expecting her to here he couldn't hold it in any longer he let the tears flow,"Man up,Dude!" Adam chuckled Gwen punched his arm "ouch!" Gwen ran over to Blake wrapping him into one of her fabulous hugs he loved so much,"I wanted to surprise you." as she kissed his check she felt her feeling leaving the ground  she wrapped them around Blake's wasted burying her face into his neck.
"Best birthday ever now I have my four favourite people here to celebrate with me.." He heard playful gasps "of course all of you as well." The boys hugged Blake's waist only one missing was Apollo,He put Gwen down hesitate taking Apollo from Pharrell. "How many of you knew about this little surprise?" He questioned then all as he heard little snickers coming from two little boys still attached to his waist,he handed Apollo to Gwen then picked the boys up "You're both so sneaky." He chuckled.

They spend the next hour and a half with the crew and other couches before going home the boys where all so tired they collapsed into bed when they arrived home leaving Gwen & Blake to have some alone time. He came back down stairs to find her sitting outside on the balcony with a wine in head "I still can't believe you surprised me." He leant down and kissed her forehead gently "I had it all planned before I left." She giggled "I can't believe you didn't suspect anything." He sat down next to her holding her close as they watched the sunset "I didn't suspect anything cause you're incredible at keeping secrets now having found out so are the monkeys." They both laughed. He lifted her chin and smiled down at her "I only just realised I haven't kissed you tonight.." He winked "don't let fair hold you back,Baby." They kissed taking little breathe as possible not wanting to break the kiss.

The next morning was full of messy breakfast making,many a movie Marathon,swimming marathons,Family time. Blake realised that day that this was his family three boys he loves with his whole heart and their mother who lights up he's entire world with just a single look he loves his little family he wouldn't trade it for anything.

He walked over to Gwen in the kitchen as the boys dozed off in the lounge room watching Bolt,He hugged her from behind and whispered "I love those boys,I love you! This is by far the best birthday I've ever experienced thank you for letting me be apart of your life and saving me." She turned in his arms and kissed him they stayed like that for a few minutes for before venturing back to the lounge room.

"It truly was the best birthday." He thought to himself.