Chapter 17- There are horrors in your past

Authors note: I dedicate this chapter to 6madd3 for being a consistent commenter and for saying that this is an amazing book written by an amazing writer! Thank you so much, that means a lot to me <3 I hope you enjoy this chapter- i particularly enjoyed writing it :D

Chapter 17- 'There are horrors in your past'

The night Greyback and the Dementors attacked Harry and Albus was heavily published in the Daily Prophet the following morning. Detailed descriptions of Greyback and even the Dementors were given, and all readers were warned to avoid dark, secluded areas where possible. All the reports however seemed to be under the impression that all individuals were at risk and despite Hermione's attempts to convince them otherwise, the media saw it fit to keep everyone on their guard nonetheless. Of course, Snape and the Potters knew better; Greyback was specifically after Harry, though they weren't any closer to figuring out why. 

After Albus was excused the previous night, he did as he was told and went to check that his brother and cousin were in the common room. As he suspected, both were still awake and talking quietly in the corner, even though everyone else had gone to sleep; it was past midnight. When Al entered, Rose looked up, happy to see that her cousin no longer seemed traumatized. James on the other hand was still annoyed that Al didn't tell him what happened to their father when he first confronted him after the incident and secondly, that he disobeyed the rules, causing trouble. James was also annoyed with Snape for keeping his father's condition a secret. Neither James nor Rose knew the intricate details about the potion like Albus, Harry and Ginny did, having heard Snape's confession in the hospital Wing. Albus had every intention of sharing his knowledge with his friends, but after seeing James' angry face, enduring a five minute lecture (which he thought would come from Rose), and watching James storm off to his dorm, Al decided to tell them another day. Instead of returning to his father and mother, Al thought a private conversation may be important for the three adults to have so he want to sleep in his dormitory, being careful not to disturb his fellow students. Rose similarly went to bed, a little disappointed that she didn't find anything in her books or the library about Nocens Memoria, so she concluded that either the potion was rare or extremely dangerous. Because Snape knew about it, it couldn't have been a creation of Greyback's, so Rose was forced to accept that Snape was extremely knowledgeable of potions, for no author seemed to know about it; Rose never considered the potion was created by Snape and went to sleep that night content that there were many things that Professors could teach that books could not- there was a lot she could learn from Professor Snape. 

After Snape left the Hospital Wing he checked to make sure Rose, Albus and James were in their beds before heading to sleep in his own quarters. When he arrived he found a note on his desk written in straight, cursive writing. 

Severus, 

I informed the ministry the moment I found out what had happened. Kingsley wrote to me saying that the Dementors have now been caught and placed in a high security location with only high ministry officials as guardians. Unfortunately Fenrir managed to escape the Aurors, but the media are actively campaigning the desired capture of him. Of course this means Potter must be alert as well as anyone else closely related to him as I have no doubt that Fenrir was after Harry specifically. I assume yourself and Mr Potter have discussed the possibilities surrounding Fenrir's motives. Al though I have no ideas of my own, I hope you do. I am about to visit Potter to see how he is and to find out in more detail exactly what happened. Also I took the liberty of informing Ronald Weasley and his family about the occurrence, though they probably already know due to their positions at the ministry. They are aware of the situation at Hogwarts, though I am sure Ginny will write to them when she next gets the chance. I am most grateful you found Harry and Albus in time and hope that you are well. I trust you will have a good nights sleep.