Chapter 22- The dead we love never truly leave us

Authors note: This chapter is dedicated to SmilingHorcurx. She, as well as heaps of my other readers are so sad that i will soon be posting the final chapter of 'It is our choices'. I want to thank her for loving my fic so much that she talked to her mother about it, and considers it a huge part of her life. And in line with this chapter- my story will never leave you :) It'll always be here for you to read if you want to :) That's the best thing about books (in my opinion!) Once again, thank you so much SmilingHorcurx!!! Thank you also to everyone who commented on chapter 21. Most of you called the chapter Awesome, so thank you! And you guys are all awesome for commenting! Anyway this chapter is one of my favourites (yeah i know, i have a lot of favourites). We're going back to drama again :P I hope you guys will enjoy it! Thought i would also let you know that in terms of length (not chapters- there are 32 chapters in total including the epilogue) we are about half way through 'It is our choices'. This is only an estimate though as some of my later chapters are VERY long (and when i say very long i mean three times longer than this one). Anyway, thought i would just give you guys a bit of an idea where we are at in the story :D Enjoy!

Chapter 22- 'the dead we love never truly leave us'

"Do you think Minerva will still be awake?" Harry asked Snape once they arrived at Hogwarts and began to walk towards the castle. 

"I believe so," Snape answered, looking around for any sign of movement. 

"Are you able to get through the front door without someone letting us in?" 

"Yes, but I think we should notify Minerva of your arrival, especially because we intend on entering her office to speak to Albus." 

"Expecto Patronum," Harry said, watching as his stag materialized in front of him. After sending his stag to Minerva informing her that they will meet her in her office in about five minutes, Snape and Harry were faced with the front door of the castle. 

Snape muttered a few selected words under his breath which unlocked the heavy double oak doors. 

The corridors were deserted as it was just after one in the morning. Quietly, Severus and Harry ascended the stairs towards the headmistress' office, making sure they didn't disturb any of the sleeping statues or portraits. 

Finally the two men made it to the griffin knocker and after knocking, Minerva called for them to come in. 

"Hello Severus, Potter,' Minerva welcomed as the two wizards entered. "May I ask why the two of you are here so late at night?" Minerva enquired looking both severe and curious. 

"We were hoping to speak to Dumbledore," Harry answered, looking around at the many portraits as he said it. Finally he clapped eyes on Dumbledore who was wide awake, his blue eyes twinkling. 

Harry ran towards the portrait of his former Headmaster. 

"Professor Dumbledore!" Harry exclaimed smiling. "I haven't spoken to you for a long time," Harry continued; simply happy that he was talking to the man he saw as his mentor and an amazing wizard. 

"It truly has been a long time hasn't it Harry?" Dumbledore asserted. "I am pleased that you look well. I must also say that I have seen your son Albus wondering around the castle and he too looks very much like you," Dumbledore stated, looking fondly at the man who saved the world from the worst of Dark Wizards. 

"Al knows that he was named after you, so if you ever see him from a frame in the corridors, introduce yourself, he will be honoured," Harry said, still smiling. 

"I will. So, what brings you here at this time of night? Is it to do with Fenrir?" Dumbledore asked, suddenly looking concerned. 

"It is in fact, but of more concern are the Deathly Hallows-"