Chapter 26- Too many thoughts and memories

Authors note: Warning, this is a VERY long chapter- i think it is one of, if not the longest chapter in my fic. I apologise it is so long, though when you read i think you will understand why i couldn't bring myself to chop it in half :P I really hope you enjoy this chapter- it is one of my top three favourites! Also, i dedicate this chapter to Northstar3 who has commented on 18 of the 25 chapters i have posted- the highest of everyone (though it was close!). Thank you Northstar! :)

Chapter 26- 'Too many thoughts and memories...'

Two weeks later...

The holidays had finally begun and Harry couldn't keep the smile off his face. His children were so happy to be at home and although they missed Hogwarts, they also missed their little sister and right now, the three of them were in the living room talking about Hogwarts. This gave Ginny and Harry a few moments to talk without them overhearing. 

"Have you heard from Severus?" Ginny asked Harry in an undertone. 

"Not since he sent me an owl almost two weeks ago saying he'd fully recovered and had resumed teaching," Harry whispered back. 

"Well it's the holidays now; do you think we should contact him?" Ginny said, looking a little nervous; although she was flattered, she couldn't really understand why Severus would choose her to talk to of all people; she felt that perhaps Harry would be the better choice seeing as the two men had had such conversations before. Nevertheless, she was looking forward to hearing what Severus wished to say. 

"I think I will, which day do you think would be appropriate?" Harry asked. 

"Well I suppose the children will have to know he is coming, we can't very well spring it up on them. Um, well I don't mind, perhaps you could ask Severus what time would be best for him?" 

"Okay, and then I'll suggest that when he does come, he and you could go somewhere private whilst I keep the children occupied," Harry said smiling, realising how interested the kids would be if they knew that Severus was talking about their grandmother to Ginny. 

"Okay," Ginny replied hesitantly. 

Harry knew Ginny had been worried about this moment for the last two weeks. He remembered the expression she gave him when he first told her about his conversation with Severus. Although Harry had no doubt that Ginny cared for Severus, he understood why she thought it a bit uncomfortable to be in a room with an honest, open and possibly emotional Severus. But Harry had no doubts; Ginny may be worried now, but in the moment, Harry knew Ginny would be a wonderful listener and a great comfort to Severus. 

With Ginny's consent, Harry stood up and called for Thor, James' owl, who swooped in as Harry was sealing his letter to Severus. 

Dear Severus, 

We haven't heard from you since you notified us that you had fully recovered- we hope everything is okay. Seeing as it is now the holidays, perhaps it would be a good time for you to come over for dinner. Ginny, myself and the children do not have anything planned for the next few weeks, so whichever day you are free, let us know by return owl so we can organize a suitable time.  

We hope you are well, 

Harry and Ginny. 

Harry tied the letter to the owl's leg and then watched it fly away. It seemed that the children were deterred from the conversation at the sound of Thor's hoots and bounded into the kitchen to see what was going on just as Thor was flying out of sight. 

"Who did you send that letter to, Daddy?" Lily asked, running up to her father and looking at him excitedly as if she knew to whom Harry was communicating.