Chapter 25- A part of being human

Author's note: Thank you to everyone who commented on the previous chapter- i really appreciate all of you sharing your thoughts! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and really hope that you all continue to comment and tell me what you think! This chapter is dedicated to Lolafalana who has commented on 16 of my chapters so far and also for being one of my first fans! Thank you! There is another reason for the dedication, but you'll have to wait to find out why ;) I hope you all enjoy this chapter more than the last. Happy reading!

Chapter 25- 'A part of being human'

Time seemed to stand still.  

Harry had no idea how long he knelt on the grass simply staring into space, thinking- wishing, that everything were different, that he could go back in time. 

Ron was still staring at Severus' body, but the shock of what had happened was wearing off and Ron began to move his eyes around; he began to wonder how this all happened in the first place; Snape seemed fine when they first arrived... 

Ron turned to look at Harry who was still staring into space and Ron felt for him, he knew how much Severus meant to Harry and although he never fully accepted Snape as his friend, Ron would never have wished death upon him. 

Looking back at the blank face of Severus, the pale skin, the long nose and the black eyes that were- moving? 

Ron gasped and stood up. This attracted Harry's attention and although he couldn't bring himself to speak, he looked up at Ron as if to say: What are you doing? 

But Ron took no notice as he continued to look into Severus' eyes. 

Again he saw movement, but not only movement- emotion. 

Knowing there was only one curse that could cause such symptoms Ron extracted his wand, pointed it directly at Snape and mumbled the counter curse. 

Surprised by Ron's sudden desire to use magic against Snape, Harry too, leapt up but instead of turning to Severus, turned to Ron and asked: 

"What the hell are you doing, Ron?" Harry was slightly angry that Ron had interrupted his train of thought and it was only when Ron's expression changed from curiosity to worry that Harry turned around and almost passed out from what he saw. 

Although ill, injured and tired, Severus Snape was standing before him, clearly alive. Harry's jaw dropped; he had no idea what just happened or what Ron had done- he just stared. Still holding his still intact wand in his hand, Severus walked between Harry and Ron, limping slightly and whispered: 

"Thank you, Mr Weasley," as he continued to make his way ever so slowly towards the castle, his left hand held tightly to his chest. 

"Severus, I- wait Severus, are you okay?" Harry asked, about to sprint after his friend. Just as Harry was about to take his first step however, Ron stuck out his arm. 

"What are you doing?" Harry asked aggressively, staring at Ron. 

"Let him go," Ron said gently. 

"No! He needs help, Ron!" Harry yelled, struggling to catch up with Severus. 

"Harry, calm down. We don't know what happened between him and Greyback. He just had a huge duel; he would have been fighting for at least 30 minutes straight. He needs to rest-" 

"But he has to know how sorry I am for not-" 

"There will be an opportunity for you to tell him that," Ron tried to reason with Harry. 

"No, what if something else happens? I have to tell him, I have to talk to him and ask him what happened this morning- and ask him how he is after talking to my mother-"