Chapter 4 - Hunger

Chapter 4 - Hunger

Photo on the Side: Alpha Marcus "Ned" Edwards of the Blackwood Pack

Word count 5675 

Edited June2019

Who do you imagine as Marcus?

***

Nessa

"This is going to be the night," Nessa kept on chanting in her head.

Contrary to what she promised herself, the words to accept Brandon's rejection never made it past her lips. What she accomplished was to push Brandon's buttons and to end up one step closer to emotional freedom. It was good enough for now.
Nessa took a deep breath steadying her heartbeat. It hadn't gone down as the planned private discussion she had in mind, but it severed her ties to Rover Grove just the same. Accepting the rejection was the next task on her list, which required something stronger than a pep talk. The night out with Celia promised drinks spiked with Bane for the alcohol to take its effect, loud music to match the thundering heart and swaying bodies searching for a good time. Who knew, Nessa could even hook up with a random guy, if one caught her fancy.
As of lately her standards had risen among other things. Nessa licked her dry lips. Her Green-Eyed-Devil was packing. Nessa laughed at herself. In her imagination, he  scooped her up in his arms, carried her across the clearing, leaving no doubt of his intentions to ravish her in private. Nessa craved the public display of affection, and the acceptance in front of her peers. Hell, she even wanted the big fat wedding humans spent small fortunes on. It was the most romantic declaration of love in front of family and friends. She wanted a family. Yet, she was alone. No matter how much she liked her newest acquaintance, he hadn't found it prudent to check in on her after the show-down.
Darn men!
Her wolf growled her disapproval of Nessa's plan, retreating further. Nessa rolled her eyes at the impossible situation. Her wolf was so withdrawn yet still held hope things with her Fated could work out. Nessa knew better. There was no way under the moon or the stars, she was ever going to get back together with the slimy sleazeball. The small smile on his lips when he told her she was not allowed to rejoin Rover Grove upon completion of her studies, still replayed in her mind. How was it even possible for her wolf to be that ignorant to believe he still loved her?
Nessa ignored her wolf's protest, vowing nothing would stop her from celebrating her freedom. Whether she joined Blackwood or remained rogue did not matter. With a wolf so withdrawn as hers, Nessa didn't feel the need to belong to a pack, much less experience an Alpha command as a normal wolf would. She had recognized Brandon's Alpha Command by the effect on the Rover Grove wolves. His loud command startled her but did not do much else. She had taken a step back away from Brandon not because of his tone because of what she saw in his eyes – wrath against all that she was. The raw hatred she witnessed hurt the most. Even after everything that happened, Nessa didn't curse his existence.
In retrospect, her judgement might have been clouded. The Green Eyed devil's presence beside her gave her an unexplained surge of courage and solace. Nessa regretted for not finding out his name. She needed to kiss him senseless to just get him out of her system preferably in front of Brandon. It wouldn't have been that hard to just pull him into a duel of tongues. Something was telling her he would have been more than willing. But she was a coward, a she-wolf turned sheep because of dogmas of society.
Dog-mas. Nessa laughed. Words worked in incredible ways to uplift her spirit.
While being a werewolf had its perks of heightened scenes, the increased libido was something which proved to be an inconvenience for Nessa. Even her writing could not quite tame the ache in her heart to feel loved once again. Her mind wandered back to the sculptured torso of her Green-eyed friend. Too bad she did not have his number, or name for the matter. Nessa was certain he would have been much more efficient than the frequent cold showers and self-exploration.
Another annoyance of being a werewolf was pride. Nessa was too proud to admit she needed help supporting herself. Writing took time and although she had many intriguing ideas, she still had to live somewhere and eat something. Paying the bills was a constant struggle, and her waitressing job at the family dinner down the road covered just the basic necessities. Sure the tips helped, but she needed more money to be able to live a comfortable life. When she thought about it, she even had to fix that flashing light on the dashboard of her car before it started causing real trouble. Not to mention being well overdue for another laser depilation session - hairiness was yet another aggravation to being a werewolf. Body hair was such a bitch!
Nessa sighed, remembering just how much she had wanted to lick the sweat off her Green Eyed friend. He looked just as appetizing in suit as he did shirtless and slightly dirty from the game. Nessa wouldn't have minded stealing him away from his friends to properly bathe him. Why hadn't she? She was a wimp, never bold enough to take what she wanted.
A coward, hiding behind her writing, living in through her heroine Violet.
No more.