Chapter 17

When Jack got back to the place he had left Marc, he was gone. Before he could panic, his wrist com beeped at him.

"I've gone back to the Blue Nova, meet me there, please. Love, Marc."

Jack left as fast as he could, his heart starting to race as he thought of what would come next. His wrist com beeped again. "Room 121."

A few minutes later Marc opened the door to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to talk to you in the bar, it was too crowded, and noisy, wasn't it noisy? So I came back here, is that all right?"

Jack looked at him in bewilderment, if he didn't know better he would have thought Marc was babbling – he was babbling. He was nervous, his suave, extremely experienced best friend was nervous.

"Here is fine, much better than the All Stars." He paused, waiting for Marc to grab him and push him up against the wall or pull him into the bedroom ... anything. He waited.

"Did you mean what you said? About being in love with me?" Jack asked hesitantly, as the silence became painful.

"Oh yes!" Marc hadn't felt this tongue tied since his first date. He better come up with something fast or Jack was going to walk out on him. "I'm scared!" he blurted out.

Jack came closer, confused. "What on Earth for?" They'd known each other for years, how could Marc possibly be scared of him?

"In case I fuck this up, disappoint you," his friend answered honestly, standing there full of tension.

Jack relaxed, not realising until that moment how tense he had become himself, and took Marc into his arms. He had never imagined in his wildest dreams that he would be the leader in their relationship. He kissed him gently on his lips and then on his scarred cheek, "There's nothing to be scared of, believe me. Let's sit down and talk for a bit." He moved them both towards the couch. "Amberi?"

He poured them both a drink and sat down next to Marc. "So, you were jealous then," he murmured, putting his arm around Marc's shoulders and drawing him close.

"Excruciatingly! I honestly didn't know why I was so angry with you until Pattisson pointed it out." He shook his head, still amazed by the revelation. "It nearly killed me to let you go off with him that night." He looked directly at Jack. "I thought you didn't want me, sexually I mean."

"I've wanted you for so long that I've grown used to hiding it, I didn't want to jeopardise our friendship by asking you for something you couldn't give me." His fingers were rubbing up and down the side of Marc's arm as he talked, Marc's head resting on his shoulder.

Something Marc had said earlier suddenly popped back into his head. "What were you saying about getting a transfer under Rule 158?"

"I talked to the Captain about it this morning." He raised his head again to look into Jack's questioning eyes. "It hurt too much, knowing that you were with the Major," he confessed. "I couldn't stand it any longer."

"But it hasn't gone through yet, has it?" Jack demanded urgently.

"No. I thought I should have one more try. Come down and speak to you properly - tell you how I felt - that's why I came down to the All Stars tonight. To see if you wanted me."

If he wanted him? Jack couldn't hold back anymore. He bent his head, searching for Marc's lips. He covered them with his mouth, his tongue probing between, demanding entry. Marc opened to him, and their tongues touched, hesitantly at first as they tasted each other for the first time. Jack had waited years for this moment, he should treasure every second, take things slowly, but ... he couldn't.

He kissed him harder, tongues tangling together in a wild dance. He ran his fingers through Marc's soft hair, holding his head so that his mouth was pressed even more firmly against his own. Slowly Marc slid sideways on the couch pulling Jack with him so that he ended up on his back with Jack on top. He put both arms around him to hold him close.

In that position, Jack could feel Marc's erection thrusting against his, telling him exactly how much the other man wanted him. God that felt good, it felt so right! Mouths still locked together, Jack pulled at Marc's shirt, wanting to touch skin. He dragged the soft material up out of his trousers, and slid his hands up hungrily over the flat smooth stomach. He remembered suddenly that Marc had chosen to have his body hair removed permanently, he wanted that smooth sleek look all the time. He could hardly wait to discover if that meant everywhere!

Breathing heavily, he drew back for a moment, his fingers pulling open the fastener on Marc's trousers and pushing them roughly down below his hips. Then he pulled down his own pants. Marc felt hot arousal flood throughout his entire body, he couldn't believe Jack was being so dominating. He lay there, returning Jack's fierce kisses, eagerly submissive.

~~~

(Author's Note - I hope you've enjoyed these re-posted chapters:)  This is where the story ended the first time I wrote it.  If you would like to read more about Jack and Marc, and Ethan especially, you can find the next part of the story in the ebook version)