How it all began

Percy POV

I panted hard as I ran straight into an abandoned alleyway, ducking behind a dumpster to seek refuge; clamping a hand over my mouth to quiet down my pants when I heard the sound of boosts getting closer to where I was hiding. It's been the same routine for a few days now - me running and attempting to hide from the many groups of people running about trying to kill me. But somehow, by the grace of the Gods above, I have managed to slip out of the grasps of my captors and make a run for it. I didn't know where I was going, but at the same time, but I didn't care - I just know I need to book it from here.

Right, sorry - you must be so confused to what's going on. Let me introduce myself to you all once more. 

My name is Perseus Jackson, preferably Percy Jackson, former son of Poseidon. Savior of Olympus on more than one occasion. I used to be the head of the Poseidon cabin. 

Now though? I am known as Percy Jackson, a person the Gods all want dead.

Let me back track a little to give you guys more context, really.

...One Week Ago...

I sighed softly to myself as my eyes scanned over the valley, perching myself on the branch of a tree surrounding the borders of Camp Half-Blood. It was my turn to be on guard, hence why I was gripping Riptide in my right hand, all of my instincts on high alert to keep an eye on any incoming monsters. It was nearing the end of my shift when I heard the distant sound of someone running and calling for help, causing me to spring up onto my feet immediately.

"Help!" A voice called out desperately and without hesitation I jumped off the tree and ran towards the general direction of the voice, just in time to see what looks to be a boy my age falling onto his side; the shadow of a beast looming over him. Cursing in Greek, I ran straight first towards the monster, letting out a battle cry as I sliced the monster through the middle. Riptide glided through the monster like butter, showering both the male and I in a cloud of gold. Panting softy, I looked back at the kid, helping him up with ease and giving him a soft grin. "You were quite brave back there, buddy." I told him as I started to walk him back towards the border, where a few campers had came running over when they heard the commotion. "The name's Percy, by the way, son of Poseidon."

"J-Jake Tinsdale." The male mumbles softly, to which I smile softly and nodded at him, gesturing for him to look over at the camp past the border; which he did with wide and shocked eyes as he took in the gleaming buildings that make up our camp. "Well, Jake, welcome to Camp Half-Blood, your new home."

»»»»»

For that day on, Jake and I have become quite good friends actually. Since we got along quiet well, Chiron assigned me to be his guide, to which I did quite happily. Since I've always enjoyed meeting new campers, it was fun showing him around, bringing him to many classes and just watch the once shy boy blossom to become a more happy-go-lucky and cheerful. Sure, he was a little bitter at the idea of his godly parent seeming to have no interest in claiming him just yet; but I tried to reassure him that things like this happen more than he'd expect.

Since he was around me so often, Annabeth and Jake were also good friends. Not the best, since there seems to be an awkward atmosphere between the two. I don't really know why - I had asked Annabeth, but instead of getting a straight answer from her, all she did was give me an awkward smile and quickly change the subject. After awhile I had decided to just drop it, since knowing her, she'd tell me whatever it is on her mind that is causing her to be.

However, I was definitely not expecting something bad coming my way. 

The longer the camp was free from monster, the more I started to relax - which gives me time to really think about my future. Annabeth had always talked about moving to the Roman camp one day, to live in the cities and going to university (even though I am still trying to convince her to not go to no avail), and living a semi normal life. To get a chance to grow old together, and hopefully even get a chance to have kids of our own. At first the entire idea of even living to my 30s has me kinda shook - demigods barely live to their 20s, even more so when they are the kids of the Big Three. However, with the lack of danger around me and feeling like the world around me as finally decided to give me a break, I actually started to think about it.