The Amulet

AA/N honestly, coming from a very unmotivated person, I do feel bad rn lmao - I've been promising edits on this story for like, a year or two now? And lowkey, I've fallen out of love for this story cause it's so long >< but I am gonna try my best. Think I might just publish everything unedited and call it a day lmao. But we'll see.

Jason POV

"Where could they have gone?"

I looked up from my book as we sat in the cabin, with me watching Luke pace around out in the living room, the look of pure frustration on his face. It has been 3 weeks since anyone has saw Percy or Amber, and although we were doing fine on our own, the rest of us were a little weary of not having either one of them with us right now. "No one has seen them for almost 3 weeks, where the hell would they be?" 

"Luke, calm down." I said as I stood up, placing my book face down on the table, a move that had made Luke pause in his steps as he looks over at me from underneath his hood, his eyes showing the mixed emotions he felt inside. "They are fine, both of them are. If we've learnt anything, is that they tend to be able to look out for each other." I said as I walked towards him and rest my hands on his shoulders, giving them a firm squeeze. "That means that we can calm down, and focus on the task they've left for us. And that's defending the camp." 

Luke seemed to hesitate for a moment before he nodded, making me tilt my head a little at his reaction. Now that I've thought about it - this wasn't the first time the two siblings had gone missing. Before this, he was super nonchalant about it all. Now though? For some reason, Luke seemed to be more on edge then usual. It could be nerves...but something tells me it was more then that. Leading him towards the main room, I waved my hand and a glass of water appeared before him, which he took quite happily. "You're overthinking it, buddy. We're going to be fine." I said simply with soft smile on my face, to which he nodded slowly as he took slow sips form it. "Y-you're right...I'm overthinking it." He admits after a moment of thought, causing me to smile as I picked up my book again after I left him sitting in the dining area. "Glad you finally see it."

He opened his mouth to say something more when something whirled on top of us, making us both look up on confusion, just in time to see a portal opening up above us and two lumps falling from it. Moving away just in time, I winced when the clear sound of a pained groan came from the lump that landed on the desk, the smaller one landing right on top of the bigger one. "Oomph."

"Commander!" I exclaimed in shock whilst Luke immedaitely went to Amber's aid, seemingly to not notice Percy still laying on the ground as he checked a softly smiling Amver in concern. "Yeah, great to know you care, Luke." Percy manages out as he slowly got up with my help, a hand seeming to be rubbing along his chest as Amber gave him a concern glance. "Amber, remind me to never trust Dad with the portals again." He said simply, to which Amber just nods with a giggle, not even minding how Luke seems to be fretting over her. How odd...

"Thank God you two are alive!" 

Selina came from her room when she heard the commotion propbably, pulling them both into a hug as Percy chuckle softly and hugs her back as well with a warm smile on his face. "Sorry, mum, we wouldn't leave without your permission ever again." He said as she gave him a look. "You better keep your word. Son of the Lord of Chaos or not, if I have to, I will kick your ass into shape myself." She huffs with a scowl, checking them both over as Percy winces softly and rubs the back of his neck in a bashful manner, nodding his head understandingly. "Yes ma'am."

»»»»»»»»»
Percy POV

"Do you think Luke likes Amber?"

I almost spit out the mouthful of water I was drinking from my bottle when I heard Jason's words, looking over at the male with wide eyes. "What the hell? How am I supposed to know?" I asked in shock, my eyes narrowing a little at the idea of someone having a crush on my younger sister. "But why does it even matter? I have no control over them anyway." I sighed tiredly, looking down at my bottle again. "As long as he takes care of her and makes her happy, who am I to have a say in her relationship. Even if I did, I doubt she'd listen to me and will go behind my back."