Turning Athena into The Monster

Annabeth POV

The dried leaves crunched underneath my feet nosily as I walked around the boarder of the woods, letting the sound of the monsters stirring inside the woods lull me into a quiet trial of though. Grieving over someone you didn't know was truly dead was something I didn't know I would experience before - in fact, I do not think many would have even think about something like this to ever happen to someone. 

The thought of Percy being dead seems to rock the entire camp to the core - granted, what we did was not fair and it was bound to chase him away, but when you are under the impression that someone did something as serious as someone murdering their parents would have caused a lot of us to turn on him. But we didn't think that it would lead to his death - after a few months of watching the news, and the murderer coming out to confess, we spent it running around trying to find the man himself.

However, the idea of him becoming suicidal was something that didn't occur to us - as childish as this sounds, it was hard for me to imagine the usually cheerful man who has gone through so much, to be able to have his thoughts turn so dark. He has always seem to be the most cheerful person ever, being the funny one during the most hardest times in our lives; he was just so...Percy. He was the leader. The glue that holds us together. 

The person who we could all count on.

Looking down at the floor below me, I let my thoughts wander for a moment; letting myself indulge in the happy memories that we have once shared. A soft smile tugged against my lips as I imagined his infamous lopsided grin that sends butterflies to my stomach, his smirks he gives me when he says "I told you so.", even to the times when he would team up with Leo and Jason to sass their way through the camp on Saturdays, blaring music as they walked down the camp like it was their modelling catwalk while the others laughed at their weirdness.

"We're just trying to spread some cheer, babe." He would say as Leo pulled out the "Team Leo" stunt. "We never have fun in camp."

The more I think about him, the more angry I felt towards myself as I think back to about how it all happened. How I regret drinking anything Jake gave me, leaving me in a love-induced trance to not be aware of what happened. How beyond pissed at myself for not fighting the effects of the potion once I have woken up from the effects. How furious was I to find out that Poseidon disowned the most loyal man we have ever known, then having them pushing Jason away as well. Like they were broken toys. Like they were nothing.

"Hello Annabeth." An all too familiar voice said behind me, as I rolled my eyes in annoyance; turning back to face the annoying man who had a sick grin on his face. "Asshole." I greeted with an eyeroll, making him send me a mocking pout as I scowled over at her. "That isn't very nice, is it, Wise Girl?" He taunted just as I felt someone hitting me on the back of my head before I can stab him to death - darkness surrounded me as I fell onto the ground before me.

Artemis POV

"Do you need a hand?"

I turned away from my map with a wide eyed look as I turned to face the door, finding the sight of one of the mysterious group of soldiers, Amber, watching me closely form the doorway of my quiet cabin. She was dressed in her armour with the hood of her clock off her head, her bow and arrows slung over her shoulder and what seems to be a hunting knife strapped against her hip firmly. "Lady Amber, how may I help you?"

The sound of my words made her grow amused as I looked over at her curiously, watching as she stare at the magical fire burning in the middle of my cabin before she looked back over at me through her lashes. "Please - we are all equals when we boil down to the very substance of nature. No need for formal terms."