Chapter 5 // Lazy Days

Edited on August 25, 2016

The next day I don't feel like doing anything. I roll over and hit the chest of my mate. Soft snores leave his mouth. I cuddle closer to him. Not only did it feel right, but I was cold and he was warm.

He immediately wraps his arms around me. Part of me is glad that he's my mate, but part of me isn't because some of the other girls look at him lustfully and it get me really jealous. I wonder if he'll make his mark on me. I hope so. I smile just thinking about it.

"Good morning" says Luke in his raspy morning voice
"Good morning" I smile kissing his jaw
"What do you want to do today?" He asks
"Take our baby and put him between us and watch movies. And you can bring loads of food up" I smile
"Good idea, but why me?" He whines
"Because I'm pregnant" I say
"So?"
"So you try holding a baby for nine months. Babies are usually around 8 pounds. At least Chase was. And then deal with your boobs, feet, back, and stomach hurting. Not to mention Braxton hicks. Then going into labor a long time and popping something out of your vagina that's too big" I glare
"Okay okay" he puts his hand up in defeat
"Good" I smirk

First we watch The Notbook, then Titanic, and then he picks two movie and we take turns.

We do this until dinner time comes. Shane, Margo's mate, and Margo are in charge of dinner so it should be good. I just wonder what animal it'd be. Since we have a group that hunts and a group that butchers.

Chase is sleeping so Luke and I walk downstairs hand in hand. Or until James sees us. Then Luke wraps his arm around my waist. 

I can tell James is looking all over my neck trying to see if Luke marked me. But he hasn't yet and James smiles to himself. I miss just being his best friend. But he ruined it.

"So you're still unmarked?" He smirks
"Yea" I mumble
"That means you could still find another mate " he's still smirking. Luke sends him a look as if telling him if he doesn't shut up he's dead. James lowers his head. He has to listen to his Alpha.

""""""""""""

We went up to the room that we now share. "What does he mean I can find a new mate?" I asked
"He means if I'm killed you can find someone else" he says painfully
"I wish him and I were never friends" I sigh in frustration
"But do you want me to do that?" He asks
"Do what?" I ask clueless
"Mark you" he says shyly
"Of course" I smile

So things happen and after those things happen he starts biting at the bottom of my neck with his canines. It hurts a little and will probably be sore for a few hours, but I don't mind.

""""""""""""

When I wake up the next morning I hurry to the bathroom and throw up. It's that day of the week. I hear footsteps behind me and I know it's Luke. He hold my hair back and rubs my back.
"Sorry" I apologize after I brush my teeth
"No need to be sorry. It's not your fault" he chuckles
"Right it's your because you didn't wear a condom" I joke
"Hey but it takes two to tango babe" he winks

I love when we just joke around. I feel his happiness an I know he feels mine. I just can't wrap my mind around this.

"""""""""""""""

James is there for breakfast and does what he did for dinner. He looks sad and pissed when his eyes lock on the mark on my neck.
"Jealous that I have her?" Luke smirks
"Dick" James mumbles under his breath
"Well James, that's how she got pregnant" Luke laughs and my eyes widen. James just glares at Luke like he's erupting his head off. Luke chuckles and pecks my lips and we take our seat.

After breakfast I go and watch some of the kids whose parents are in training while Luke does Alpha duties.

I didn't know I could ever feel this way to another person. We should be nominated cutest mates award or something.

I end up falling asleep until I'm awoken by  a pair of lips on mine. But it's not Luke, there's no tingles so I immediately open my eyes to see who it is. As I open my eyes I punch the person under the chin.

My eyes meets his eyes. My eyes meets James eyes. "What the hell James!?" I scream
"Same goes to you" he says rubbing where I punched
"You kissed me!?!" I yell
"I needed to feel happy. Please tell me you felt something" he pleads
"I punched you because I knew it wasn't Luke, MY MATE, because I didn't feel anything" I exaggerate
"Why couldn't we be mates?" He says angrily walking away and kicking at the dirt.

It's been two hours since the incident with James and I've been waiting for Luke for a while. I'm starting to panic because he should be done with his duties by now. I'm just guessing that he's talking with someone.

I start getting hungry so I make myself a snack. When I sit back down and start eating I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

It's not the baby because it wasn't my stomach. So I know that something's wrong. Luke must be hurt.

I run all over the place looking for Luke. I finally find him but I don't like it. There's a lot of blood. And when I get a better look and see that there's a knife stuck in his thigh.

I quickly flip out my phone and call the nurses in the pack. It doesn't take long since he's the Alpha. But it doesn't look good.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Okay so here it is! I'm really surprised that I already have over 70 reads! Since I had things go quickly in the beginning I figured I'll take more time during the pregnancy.

Please read my sister's new book! Her first part is up. And while your at it follow her BellaG314 !

Comment
Vote

Xoxoxo
Bailey