Chapter 2: May I Introduce Myself

As I poked Valerie's arm, she jerked around to look at them. Then she looked back at me with a wide grin on her face.

     "Oh my gosh! They are actually here." I exclaimed in excitement. I was trying not scream while I was having an epic fangirl moment.

     "Oh my. I am sooo excited!" She exclaimed also. "This must be the hotel that they are staying at."

     "It must be." I replied with a big grin on my face.     

     As they were about to pass us, I noticed that they were wearing suits and long, black trench coats. I also noticed that their manage, Brian Epstein, was leading them to their reserved table in the back by the exit, just in case they get mobbed by fans. When they walked by our table, one of them grinned and winked at me. I blushed immediately.

     "Did you see that, Val? One of them acknowledged me." I said with a big smile on my face.

     "Yes. Which one did?" She asked.

      "I think Paul. My favorite Beatle." I responded with an even bigger smile on my face.

     "You should go up to him and say hi." She responded with a smile on her face.

     "No. Not right now. I'm blushing." I replied. "I just have to wait for the right opportunity, I guess."

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

     30 minutes later, I saw Paul go up to the buffet line by himself.

     I got Valerie's attention while she was eating by pointing towards him. She looked at him and back at me with a grin on her face.

     "Oh my gosh, Clara! Go up to him." She said with a smirk.

     "Yeah. I'm going to!" I replied as I quickly got up from my chair.

     As I was heading towards the buffet, Valerie mouthed the words with a smirk, "Don't be flirting with him like you do with all the other boys that you meet."

     "Don't worry. I won't." I mouthed back as I laughed.

     As I was getting closer and closer to the buffet, I tried to make a straight face. But I knew I was blushing. When I got to the buffet line, I grabbed a plate and nonchalantly picked the food that I was going to eat. My hand was going straight for the broccoli scoop when, all of a sudden, I felt a hand bump right into mine. I quickly jerked my hand back and I look up. There he was staring at me with an embarrassed look on his face. My face was probably even worse. I was just as embarrassed as him or may even more and my face was blushing.

     "Oh. I'm sorry, love. I didn't notice that your hand was going the same place that mine was."

     I just sat there looking at him in disbelief with my mouth wide open and my face as red as ever. "I-I-I can't believe this." I stammered.

     "You can't believe what, love?" He asked.

     "I just can't believe that I am actually face to face with my favorite Beatle." I replied with a huge smile on my face. "I came over here to say hi to you."

     "Oh. That's sweet of you to do that. May I introduce myself? Even though you probably know what my name is." He responded.

     "Sure." I answered trying not to squeal like the fangirl I am.

     "Ok. My name is Paul. Paul McCartney. And your's is?" He said with a smile and hand out ready to be shaken.

     "Well, my name is Clara. Clara Bancroft." I replied as I was shaking his hand.

     "I love that name. You know I sang a cover of a song called, 'Clarabella,' back when we used to go over to Hamburg. But, you know, I would rather had the song name be just Clara because I like that name much better." He said looking straight into my eyes knowing that would make me blush even more.

     "Awww... Thanks!" I replied back with still a very big smile.

     "Your welcome. I'm just wondering who you came here with?"

     "Oh. That's my friend, Valerie. She is a big Beatles fan, but not as big of a fan as I am though." I said as I was pointing to where Valerie is sitting. Paul gave a little wave with his fingers to her because she was looking at us. She waved back and smiled. Then he drew his attention back towards me.

     "Ok. She seems like a nice girl." He replied.

     "I noticed that you smiled and winked at me as you guys were walking by." I said as I was starting to inch my way closer towards him.

     "Yeah. I did because I thought you looked like a pretty bird and I was doing that just to be nice." He responded as he smiled at me.

     "Thank you!" I replied blushing.

     "Listen, I want to get to know you a little bit  more before I leave to go back to England. You see, we are only here for two weeks to do the Ed Sullivan Show. I really want to talk to you some more, Clara. I really do." He said smiling.

     "Ok. When and where shall we meet then?" I asked.

     "My suite at this hotel. The room number is 537 on the fifth floor. Tonight, at 10 pm." He answered.

     "Oh my gosh. My room is 529 but I would much rather go in your suite than you going in my room. But why so late?" I asked.

     "Because. I just want you to tell me a little bit about yourself and I don't want to skip up an opportunity to be with a girl like you, love."

     "Ok. See you then, Paul." I said smiling and waving at him as I walked away back to my table with a full plate of food. He did the same. "I love you." I also said as I walking away. Hopefully he didn't hear me while I was having another fangirl moment.