Chapter 5: Date With A Beatle - Part 3

Paul told me to sit on the couch and make myself comfortable as he was locking the door. So I did.

     As he was walking over to me, he looked down at me and asked with a smile, "Would you like something to drink? I have Scotch and Coke if you want. Or even just coke too. I also have water, lemonade, wine, and champagne."

     "Oh." I replied with a giggle. "You have a lot of choices. Ummm. I would like to have some champagne."

     "Ok. I'll be right back." He responded with a smile as he went into the kitchen area to pour me a glass.

     While he was gone into the other room, I decided to look around his suite. The couch was facing the t.v. that was against the wall and there was a rectangular, wooden coffee table between the couch and the t.v.. The table was closer to the couch. There was also a couple of cream-colored love seats with wooden bordered all along the edges of the couches. Then there was a couple of reading lamps that were scattered throughout the room. Everything looked so elegant the way that it was set up.

     As I was admiring his suite, Paul came back with two beverages and a pack of cigarettes. One glass was champagne for me and the other, I think, was Scotch and Coke for him. He handed my glass to me as he sat on the couch beside me. He still had a grin on his face.

     "Thank you, Paul." I said with a smile on my face.

     "Your welcome." He replied back as he was getting into a comfortable position.

     "Is that Scotch and Coke?" I asked as I pointed to his glass.

     He looked down at his glass and answered, "Yeah, actually. It is. Scotch and Coke is our favorite drink."

     I nodded to show him that I was listening.

     Paul sat his drink down and was pulling out a cigarette from the packet. He put the cigarette between his lips and then he asked me in a muffled voice, "Do you want one?" as he gestured the packet closer to me.

     "Sure." I replied.

     Paul got out one more cigarette and set the packet on the coffee table. He gave one to me and took out his matches. He lit his, then he used the same match to light mine. When he was done waving the match around to put the flame out, he set the match down and took a puff of his cigarette.

     He turned towards me and asked with a grin on his face, "So you smoke?"

     "Yes. I do. It's just sort of a stress reliever for me, you know?" I replied as I took a puff of my cigarette.

     Paul agreeingly nodded and said, "So tell me about yourself? What brings you here?" as he took a sip of his drink.

     I took a sip of my drink and happily answered, "Well, I am actually from California. Since I'm on break for a couple of weeks, I flew over to New York so I can sight see and see some of my friends. I've already went to the American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, and the Empire State Building. I'm 17 and I am going to graduate from high school this year. I'm a trainee accountant also at a local bank close to where I live."

     "Oh really? We are going to do a photo shoot in a Central Park tomorrow. But I don't think George will be able to come, unfortunately. He seems a little too sick. Anyway, what city to live in?" Paul asked as he took another puff of his cigarette and another sip of his drink.

     "I live in Los Angeles." I replied.

     "Oh. Isn't that where the Hollywood Bowl is?" He asked.

     "Yeah. It is. How do you know about the Hollywood Bowl?" I asked back as grinned at him and as I was taking a puff of my cigarette.

     "Well, Brian Epstein, our manager, told us about that place and was thinking about getting us to perform there the next time we come over to America which I really do want to perform there, you know?" He replied as he inhaled once more.