Chapter 14: A Day To Be Remembered

Valerie and I stepped back as I opened the door. A smile began to grow on my face when I saw Paul standing there all ready to go. When I was about to greet him, Valerie spoke up first.

     "Hi Paul." Valerie said as she waved her hand frantically at him with a really big smile on her face. A smile so big, that her nose was scrunching up because she was smiling so hard.

     "Hi Valerie. How are you doing?" He asked her as she was standing behind my back while he stepped in my room to hug me.

     "Oh. I'm doing great! How about yourself, Paul?" She questioned as he stopped hugging me and went on to Valerie.

     "I'm not that bad." He replied as he gave her a quick hug as well and went on, "I brought you your autograph." He smiled as he had a hand in one of his pockets to pull it out. "Here you go." He said as he handed a folded piece of paper with the four autographs to her.

     "Thank you so very much!" She exclaimed while smiling. She looked down at the paper and back up at Paul. She said, "All four of you signed it!"

     "Yeah." Paul responded as he smiled at her. "I figured that you wouldn't just want my autograph." He chuckled a little to himself.

     Paul and I both looked and smiled at each other as Valerie was putting the paper in her purse. I mouthed the words, "Thank you," to Paul. He winked and then we both looked back at Valerie.

     Paul noticed that Valerie was looking at him so he took a quick glance at both of our outfits and said, "Well you two look lovely."

     Valerie and I simultaneously said, "Thank you!", as Paul gave us both a grin and a little head nod while he was about to walk out of my room.

     As soon as Paul turned his back to go out in the hallway again, Valerie turned to me and pointed her index finger right to Paul while smiling as big as ever as she was mouthing the words, "I just hugged him. I can't believe I just hugged a beatle and got all four of their autographs." We both chuckled a little silently to ourselves.

     When Paul turned back to look at us a couple of seconds later, he asked with a smile, "Are you two ready, then?"

     "Oh yes. We are." I answered as Valerie and I were walking out into the hallway. I shut the door.

     I was in the middle of Valerie and Paul while we were walking down the hallway to Mr. Epstein's suite. Valerie started to ask Paul a few questions.

     She looked up at him and asked smiling, "So, are you excited Paul?"

     He looked down at her and replied with a grin, "Yes, I am very excited but I'm a bit nervous too." He looked back up to the hallway.

     "Yeah. I bet. I'm excited for you. Am I going to get to meet the rest of them?" She asked still looking at him.

     "Yes I will introduce you to John, George, Ringo, and the rest of the people that are with us." He replied smiling at her.

     "Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. Paul and I chuckled a little bit because of how excited she was. She was still looking at him.

     When we were almost right at the door, I quickly nudged Valerie with my elbow to tell her to not stare at him. We both looked at each other giggled quietly as Paul was distracted because he was about to knock on the door, so he really didn't hear us. Paul knocked and Mal opened the door to greet us.

     "Hey Mal." Paul said as he turned around to look at us as we were walking through the door. Mal closed the door once we were in the smokey room.